Filter by category
Filter by type
Subject Matter Expert (SME), Financial Crime Screening at Monzogo back to Ops and Finance Jobs
- Cardiff, London or Remote (UK)
- Cardiff, London or Remote (UK)
Remote in the UK | £34,650 - £43,000 + plus stock options + Benefits | Fighting Financial Crime the Monzo WayAbout us:
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque. We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves. We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.About our Financial Crime Customer Operations team:
Our Financial Crime Customer Operations team is at the heart of how we protect Monzo and our customers from economic crimes such as fraud and money laundering.
In our Screening team we support various aspects of the customer journey such as onboarding (we call them sign-ups), ongoing monitoring, and event based review. Our Investigators conduct reviews on tasks where our customers may appear on fraud prevention or sanctions databases or where they may be classified as a politically exposed person. We conduct due diligence on our customers based on our custom risk assessment and support our financial crime risk teams by recommending or making fair and proportionate risk based decisions on their behalf.What you’ll be working on:
We're looking for exceptional financial crime subject matter experts (we call them technical managers) to join our dedicated team and support Screening with the roll-out of extensive enhanced due diligence and customer risk assessment control enhancements.
Financial Crime Technical Managers play a key role in our Operational Leadership team and work with wider stakeholders implementing product, process and typology enhancements. They're responsible for helping our Financial Crime Investigators achieve accurate and efficient outcomes on financial crime tasks, while also being personally responsible for the completion of some of our riskiest and most complex tasks.
You'll act as the final point of technical escalation within the Screening operation, and ensure that our trickiest escalations are resolved accurately and efficiently, while also ensuring that constructive feedback is provided. Technical Managers also provide product and process feedback to the teams supporting Financial Crime, to make sure there is a constant flow of feedback from the operation into the teams that own our tools and risks.
As part of the Operational Leadership team, you will provide technical advice to the Operations Manager and Team Managers and maintain an overview of financial crime risks facing the operation. You will also support the operations’ hiring objective, chairing technical interviews on behalf of the Operations Manager - don’t worry though, training will be provided to make sure you are equipped for this.Your day-to-day:
- Technical oversight of the most complex screening tasks, including due diligence for politically exposed persons (PEPs) and high risk customers and screening for sanctions and adverse media.
- Working closely with control owners in the first line of defence financial crime risk team to deliver enhancements to our enhanced due diligence and customer risk assessment controls
- Acting as the final point of technical escalation or approval for our Financial Crime Investigators and Team Managers.
- Supporting urgent or complex complaints investigations that require financial crime expertise (e.g. complaints escalated to Financial Ombudsman Service).
- Performing real-time approvals on some of our highest risk tasks.
- Providing expert knowledge and delivering ad-hoc training and coaching on a range of Screening subjects.
- Identifying gaps in knowledge, policy or procedure and help to facilitate solutions.
- Supporting hiring for senior financial crime roles in Financial Crime Customer Operations
- You have significant experience in conducting due diligence and investigation in a financial crime or fraud setting, using open source research.
- You're a strong team player and able to work effectively as part of a technical team.
- You have deep subject matter expertise in Financial Crime, specifically exposure in customer screening, due diligence, identity and know your customer.
- You have the ability to handle complex escalations from investigators, team managers and a range of stakeholders.
- You can provide actionable specific feedback to a wide range of audiences and levels.
- You have significant experience of identifying emerging risk trends.
- You're confident and proficient in coaching and mentoring colleagues and open to delivering ad-hoc training for Financial Crime Screening.
- You have a strong understanding of UK legislation and regulations around economic crime, as well as industry best practice guidance.
- You're able to articulate financial crime risks facing fintechs and the banking sector.
- You have an awareness of the enhanced due diligence requirements for complex and high risk customers.
- You have great time management skills, experience of managing conflicting priorities and prioritising time sensitive workloads.
- You hold or are working towards an appropriate qualification in financial crime or a relevant subject.
- You're able to become fluent with MacOS, Slack, and GSuite tools.
- Answering the application questions below
- A Take Home Task aimed as displaying your Financial Crime expertise (1 hour)
- A Role Specific / Technical interview with Operations Managers, Technical Managers or Partners (1 hour)
- A Leadership / Values interview with Operations Managers or Senior Managers (1 hour)
Please note you should submit your own application without help from other sources e.g Others/ChatGPT any applications whereby external support has been provided will be disqualified. Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgWhat’s in it for you:
£34,650 - £43,000
This role is fully remote / requires full-time home working.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The closing date for this role is Friday 17th March at 5pm.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report..
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.