Filter by category
Filter by type
Automation Engineer at Acrego back to Developer Jobs
Acre is rebuilding the UK’s £1.4 trillion mortgage market from the ground up, with a completely new end-to-end system for mortgage advisors.
Our platform cuts out the unnecessary admin, pain and friction from buying a home. We're covering the entire journey, from figuring out what you can borrow, to getting your keys. We're guided both by the voice of real home buyers and by our close relationships with brokers, lenders and insurers. We won’t stop until the process of buying, mortgaging, conveyancing, and insuring your home is affordable and completely seamless.
As an Automation Engineer, you are an integral part of our agile product development team. Your focus will be divided between manual testing, developing code, test cases, and infrastructure to help us test and deploy quality software. You’ll use your experience to help us improve our engineering practice, increase testability and code coverage, and help create a culture of preventing rather than just fixing bugs. As we move into entirely new product lines, you’ll have an outsize impact not only on our customer experience, but also in carrying these techniques forward throughout our growing team.
As our Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of developing our test automation systems and acting as a subject matter expert in the team for tests and test infrastructure.
- Manually testing various flows and edge cases.
- Write reusable and extensible tests which can evolve with the product at the unit and integration levels.
- Using your knowledge to help the product development team build processes and feature specifications that will ensure our end users experience a high-quality, usable, secure, and reliable product.
- Communicating the what, how, and why of our strategy for ensuring quality to your team and external development partners.
- Designing and building prototypes and experiments that can validate and improve our system architecture and eliminate gaps in our test approach.
- Working with your team to continually improve the development process, with a view to end-to-end quality.
- Coaching, leading, and growing a quality mindset in the whole team.
- Quantifying everything.
- Trust but verify.
- Helping develop the people in our team, and their understanding of testing and test-driven development.
As our Automation Engineer, you will possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Real-world knowledge and experience with software quality and testing.
- A degree in a technical discipline.
- Ability to read and write code.
- Passion for shipping products customers love.
- Know how to analyse and debug HTTP exchanges.
- An understanding of how Single Page Applications (ideally React) work.
- Embrace uncertainty and constantly challenge yourself and your team to improve.
- Have an eye for how to break things, and a healthy skepticism that sniffs out what might go wrong.
- Know how security, performance, usability, and scaling all contribute to quality.
- Believe in explicit communication.
What we offer:
- Chance to make an impact within a fully funded, early-stage Fintech start-up in a unique position to make a difference to the mortgage market.
- Private healthcare, a cash plan, pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Vibrant office in Central London with monthly social events.
- See our careers page for more of what we offer.
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better, then we’d love to hear from you.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.