Filter by category
Filter by type
Head of Paid Social at Amphorago back to Marketing Jobs
We are hiring a Head of Paid Social at Amphora. This role will be a defining one within the company and a leadership position. We are building an agency with a journey to scale and for the right person, this is a great opportunity to help shape an agency of the future.
Why join us?
We want to build the first household name growth agency.
Ogilvy, BBH, Wieden + Kennedy. People know these names. But there aren’t any growth agencies in that bracket. We’re looking for someone to join us at the start of that journey. Today, we are a small business with half a dozen clients, but we’re already growing quick and have hugely ambitious, and global plans.
This role will allow you to flex intellectual curiosity, experiment at a scale, and create a future for how paid social works for businesses of tomorrow. We believe that paid social doesn’t exist in a silo. We want someone who will be thinking like an advisor and a consultant to our clients, while also be expert in their own field.
Who are you?
You will be someone curious about how technology, culture, advertising, and business intersect in the world. You’ll be motivated by how these things shift and how you can be active in their change. You will have a favourite advert. You will have a view on the future of retail. You’ll be optimistic towards the future. You’ll love psychology and storytelling, as much as sitting in a spreadsheet or thinking about MMM.
Paid social will be your specialism. You’ll be expected to be an expert media buyer – but also recognising that the name of the game now is creative. You’ll be leaning in to each new wave of the platforms, and know that the best days are still to come.
So what does the job entail?
Your first 100 days:
- Helping refine how we approach paid social at a strategic level
- Getting fully onboarded with our current consumer client base across food and drink, health and wellness, and beauty and fashion
- Working with the clients to gain deep understanding of the customers Jobs to be Done, their customer psychology, and their teams
- Working with our existing team of contractors to help execute best in class paid social
- Taking on all day-to-day client account management, from strategy through to delivery.
- Building the team that will help the paid social team scale into the dozens (and one day hundreds) of clients
- Joining the senior management team and being the internal voice of paid social within the agency as the service offering grows
- Developing service offerings within paid social and responsible for growing client satisfactions and revenues.
- Future-gazing so that we know the next iOS14 long before anyone else is.
- Building processes that will help us scale
- Owning the paid social product, and continuing to refine it internally reflecting clients needs
What things are we looking for? Someone with…
- 4-6+ years marketing experience, with a preference for those with startup experience
- Active paid social management for at least the last two years, having managed multiple budget sizes including at five and six figures/month, with bonus points for those in seven figures
- Deep understanding of broader Growth principles, marketing economics, marketing science, and creativity
- Strong love for the advertising & marketing industry
- Growth mindset, and continual learner: trends change all the time, you’ll be on top of them
- Line manager experience
What do you get in return?
- £60 to 80K, starting w/six month reviews
- 0.5-1.5% in options
- 28 days holiday per year - exc. public holidays
- Opportunity to be full-time employee #1
- Annual company retreat
- Monthly company socials
- Private health insurance (from Q4)
- Cycle2Work (from Q3)
- £500 training & development budget (from Q4) (rising to £1,000 from ‘24)
What pushes you to the top of the bracket?
- Multiple years of paid search and PPC experience
- A working understanding of econometrics, and marketing mix modelling
- SQL experience
- Familiarity with interplay between brand and performance marketing
- Experience within leadership roles within startups
- Experience across B2B and B2C
Our London HQ is in Southwark, and we work 3 days a week in the office (Tue-Thu)
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.