Filter by category
Filter by type
Team Manager, Financial Crime (Anti Money Laundering (AML)) at Monzogo back to Ops and Finance Jobs
- Cardiff, London or Remote (UK)
- Cardiff, London or Remote (UK)
Remote in the UK | £30000 - £38000 depending on experience + plus stock options + Benefits | Fighting Financial Crime the Monzo Way
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque. We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves. We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Financial Crime Team:
Our Financial Crime team is at the heart of how we at Monzo protect our bank and protect our customers. We’re looking for individuals with a blend of experience in preventing financial crime and team leadership to join our Financial Crime Operations team as an anti-money laundering Team Manager.
Your team will consist of around 11 Financial Crime Investigators, and could be focused on a number of different AML tasks - including transaction monitoring, writing suspicious activity reports, account closures and escalations.
As a Team Manager, you'll be responsible for managing the personal and professional development of your team members, providing technical coaching on financial crime tasks, driving exceptional individual and collective performance, guiding individuals through hard times, and celebrating their successes.
You’ll hold weekly meetings with your team members (both individually and together as a team) to ensure everyone is informed, engaged, and performing in their role. You’ll also be responsible for aggregating the feedback that your team provides in these meetings and feeding it into operational leadership to ensure we continue to improve on our processes and tooling.
Team Managers are also heavily involved in our hiring processes, and regularly act as interviewers - so you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the team as it continues to grow.
Every day, you’ll spend your time:
- Managing the personal & professional development of approximately 11 Financial Crime Investigators.
- Fostering an empathetic, high-performance culture in the team.
- Providing technical coaching, feedback, and advice relating to financial crime tasks.
- Analysing and driving improvement in team performance, and reporting relevant insights.
- Monitoring and maintaining service level adherence on the work completed by the team.
- Aggregating feedback from the team, and ensuring it’s passed on to inform business change.
- Communicating and embedding change within the team.
- Contributing to a strong control environment by minimising breaches and risk events.
- Reviewing complaints attributed to the team and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Conducting job interviews for financial crime investigators and contributing to hiring decisions.
- Chairing employee relations cases and making decisions consistent with Monzo’s values.
You should apply if:
- You have financial crime/ AML/ fraud knowledge and have a good understanding of current financial crime trends and typologies.
- You have experience providing technical coaching and feedback relating to AML
- You're a clear and inspiring communicator, with excellent written and verbal English.
- You're empathetic and have a supportive approach to people leadership.
- You're great at prioritising problems and assessing risk in an operations environment.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- You have experience conducting financial crime investigations in an operational setting with subject matter expertise in AML.
- Recent experience investigating current/emerging financial crime trends and typologies.
- Experience leading teams of people (this does not need to be in financial crime or fraud).
- Experience managing employee relations cases.
- Experience taking individuals and teams from a position of underperformance to high performance.
- Experience accurately interpreting and representing complex management information.
- Holds, or is actively working towards, the ICA International Advanced Certificate in Anti Money Laundering, or similar industry qualification.
- Fluency in MacOS, Slack, and GSuite tools.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 5 main stages:
- An informal telephone discussion with a member of our Hiring team (30 minutes)
- A Take Home Task aimed as displaying your Financial Crime expertise (1 hour)
- A Role Specific / Technical interview with Operations Managers (1 hour)
- A Leadership / Values interview with Operations Managers (1 hour)
Please note you should submit your own application without help from other sources e.g Others/ChatGPT any applications whereby external support has been provided will be disqualified. Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us via Hiring@Monzo.com
What’s in it for you:
£30000 - £38000, depending on experience + plus stock options
This role is fully remote / requires full-time home working.
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The closing date for this role is Friday 24th March 2023 at 5pm.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.