Filter by category
Filter by type
Financial Crime, Business Banking Investigator at Monzogo back to Ops and Finance Jobs
- Remote (UK)
- Remote (UK)
Financial Crime Investigator, Business Banking
Remote, UK | £24,675 - £27,000 + Benefits
Please reference any literature that you may refer to, as applications that are highly plagiarised and not your own work. e.g. ChatGPT, will be declined.
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Financial Crime, Business Banking Team
Monzo was recently awarded Best Business Banking Provider at the British Bank Awards and we plan for significant growth in this area.
We are looking for exceptional people experienced in fighting financial crime and/or who have a strong understanding of how small/medium businesses operate who are excited by protecting our business banking space as we grow to make money work for everyone.
What you’ll be working on:
At Monzo, we tackle financial crime through our specialised Pillars, with each focusing on specific business areas, risks, or typologies, including business banking, money laundering, fraud, bribery and corruption, politically exposed persons and sanctions, and tax evasion, to name a few.
Our Investigators are trained and focused on tasks related to their Pillar, allowing them to build subject matter expertise and help us protect Monzo, our customers, and society. Collaboration is key, though, so we also work together across Pillars when required.
- Reviewing new business accounts against financial crime policies and our risk appetite
- Investigating alerts (we call them tasks) raised by our transaction monitoring systems, analysing customer accounts to identify risk or suspicious activity, and recording your decisions in a clear and concise rationale
After further training, we plan to add the following to your day to day role
- Reviewing and taking action on escalations from Frontline Customer Operations (COps)
- Writing and submitting high-quality suspicious activity reports (SARs) to the National Crime Agency (NCA)
- Conducting reviews of existing accounts throughout the customer's relationship with us
- Securing fraudulent funds so that they can be returned to victims
- Processing account closures, including defunds and ban reminders
You should apply if:
You understand the needs of and what is normal vs abnormal behaviour for small/medium businesses.
At least one of the following applies to you:-
- You have experience working in business banking, a role supporting the formation of businesses or a role that gives exposure to a wide range of businesses their formation and finances; or
- You have experience working in operational financial crime (does not need to be in a business banking environment); or
- You think that you have other relevant experience that we should consider
In addition to at least one of the above:-
- You are interested in current trends in financial crime.
- You love connecting the dots and solving problems.
- You are comfortable making judgement-based decisions in a changing environment.
- You’re great at explaining things to people, and have strong written English.
- You’re excited by our mission of making money work for everyone.
- You are self-motivated and take ownership of your own performance.
- You have, or are interested in studying for, a professional qualification from the International Compliance Association (ICA), Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) or an equivalent body.
The Interview Process:
The application process consists:
- Some initial application questions (please take your time, we read these carefully!)
- A short task which we will send you to complete
- A Values and a Role-specific skills interview held on video call
What’s in it for you:
£24,675 - £27,000 ➕ stock options & benefits
Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Shifts - 40 hours per week, 9am-6pm, including some weekends. (full availability required across Monday - Sunday, 9am - 6pm)
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Linkedin Tags: #LI-MY #LI-Remote
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.