Filter by category
Filter by type
Team Manager, Financial Health at Monzogo back to Customer Support Jobs
- Remote (UK)
- Remote (UK)
Remote | £30,000 - £33,000 + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Customer Service - Financial Difficulties Team:
In our department we are responsible for making sure we support our customers who are in potential or actual financial difficulties. It is our role to assess the customer situation and provide the right level of support for them. This could be supporting them with a lending product they have with Monzo through a repayment plan, offering Breathing Space or it could be through signposting them to a different organisation if their financial difficulties span much wider than just Monzo.
We currently have 3 different areas within our department. These are; Collections where we support all of our customers who are in or potentially in financial difficulties through our In App Chat function. We also call customers back and deal with some email queries when the customer prefers those channels. The second area is Recoveries. This is where we support customers who are much further into the collections journey and have often already defaulted on their lending product. The final area is our Back Office function where we support customers through our third party processes and partners.
What you’ll be working on:
As a Team Manager, you have two main focuses:
- Helping each member of your team with their personal and professional development, listening to them, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes.
- Making sure our customers are happy, satisfied, and their issues are fixed quickly and completely. This will involve organising people around you and taking quick action when you see a problem coming – whether it's helping to build scalable processes that are fit for purpose, supporting a training need, or addressing something going wrong.
This role can be done by someone who is Distributed or based in the Cardiff Office. You will work Monday to Friday, with some weekend work based on business needs. Shifts will mainly be between 8am-8pm, on a rotational basis.
- Managing a Squad of 10-12 Fin Health COps (although this may sometimes stretch up to 15 as we’re growing so quickly), by holding weekly meetings with your Squad members - as individuals and as a group
- Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and making sure everyone stays focused on what really matters: helping our customers with their financial lives
- Being accountable for your teams performance
- Coaching and supporting your team to achieve their personal, professional and performance goals
- Empowering others to spot opportunities to make a difference to customers and Monzo’s ways of working
- Helping your team with the most difficult queries and building their knowledge around complex issues
- Managing performance by giving sometimes difficult feedback and helping your Squad members to improve and learn
- Regularly reviewing the quality of your team’s customer interactions to identify areas of potential improvement, both individually and structurally
- Ensuring the secure storage and maintenance of sensitive personal data and performance related documents for reports
- Motivating your Squad – we're growing fast and need to make sure COps stay engaged during challenging periods of demand
- Ensuring everyone in your Squad feels they have a voice
- Working closely with other Squad Captains to ensure that best practice is shared
- Aggregate the feedback from your Squad into the Domain and wider COps leadership, to ensure we continue to improve on our processes and tooling
- Would also be to champion and embed change and to be a role model for the team
- Supporting our customers directly when there is a business need
You should apply if:
- You are a UK resident and currently work in the UK (our roles are only distributed within the UK)
- You already have the right to work in the UK
- You have experience managing teams of 8+ people
- You have experience working in the Tech, Financial or Contact Centre environments
- You have an empathetic and developmental leadership style
- You have experience of motivating teams working on ongoing operational work
- You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them
- You are comfortable moving fast and in control
- Experience working in Financial Difficulties, Collections or Recoveries in a leadership role is essential.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Two Stage Interviews
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
£30,000 - £33,000 starting salary ➕ plus stock options & benefits
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
The closing date for this advert is Tuesday 11th April at 9am
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.