Filter by category
Filter by type
Senior Accountant at BenevolentAIgo back to Ops and Finance Jobs
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
This role is an integral role to the Finance team to deliver Financial and Management accounting and project support to the business as the Group develops its internal practices as a publicly listed group. The role requires initiative and technical confidence, taking ownership in making a positive impact wherever opportunities are identified to work with the team to improve processes and outputs.
- A significant part of the role will be working with the Lead Accountant to support the project management and preparation of annual and interim accounts which are the company’s external financial reporting as a publicly listed group. This will include meeting the needs to account under multiple GAAP accounting and country regulations.
- A key team player in creating quarterly management accounts for the Group in a timely manner, ensuring these are materially accurate and professionally presented, to be shared with the CFO, Executive Leadership Team and Audit Committee.
- Project support including reviewing, designing, documenting and implementing process controls and system improvements, including new software as required.
- Organising and reviewing the appropriate compliance for EU and UK tagging of accounts in relation to filing requirements and corporation tax submissions.
- Preparing briefing presentations for Directors as part of their legal responsibilities to approve annual accounts across the Group.
- Preparing/updating technical accounting and policy memorandum.
- Key delivery of audit planning and audit output support.
- Supporting timely monthly management accounts for the Group, with a particular focus on the consolidation and highly technical accounting aspects
- Supporting the accounting for collaboration and revenue accounting plus leases including new leases under IFRS 16.
- Company cross-charging of costs in compliance with the intercompany service agreements into the appropriate Group entities.
- Compliance support that may include, but is not limited to, ONS submissions.
- Support for accounts analysis used to support the corporation tax and research & development tax submissions.
- Ad hoc analysis and support for the Finance & Procurement team and wider business.
- Liaising with external accountants to support consolidated and standalone accounting and compliance.
- Ad hoc Finance team projects.
- General support and shared training with other members of the Finance team and other internal colleagues, as required.
- A highly-motivated individual who takes pride in delivering high-quality work on a consistent basis, is conscientious and sees tasks through to the end.
- A self-starter able to take ownership and prioritise workload, proactively requesting input and direction when required and managing expectations on progress and completion.
- Project management, good planning and documentation skills to help yourself and others quickly reference key information and outputs (for internal or external users).
- Being comfortable and able to adapt and embrace change in a fast-growing company, proactively looking for improvements to processes/controls to support actual and anticipated changes in business needs.
- A team-oriented approach to working, including shared learning and development; offering to support others where time permits; and focused on achieving personal and team goals and deliverables.
- Communicates clearly and professionally on relevant finance-related matters, proactively working with others to identify, alert, progress and resolve issues. Considers a company-wide view to achieving the best outcomes, being comfortable to prepare and present proposals and finance topics to management and a non-finance audience.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy, ensuring information is suitably presented and reliable for sharing with management and external parties (e.g. auditors and advisers).
- An ability to think ahead, using initiative to consider, engage others and implement strategies to set objectives and meet our deliverables.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English with finance and non-finance individuals.
- Fully qualified chartered accountant with a minimum of 1-2 PQE.
- Strong financial technical understanding of IFRS.
- Strong excel skills.
Familiarity with the following is preferred, but not essential:
- Audit background.
- Experience in compiling publicly listed annual and interim accounts.
- Strong process and control environment experience and documentation skills.
- Euronext stock exchange compliance obligations.
- Biotech or Tech environments.
- Netsuite accounting platform.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.