Filter by category
Filter by type
COO & Co-Founder at Sexy Greens at Founders Factorygo back to Co-Founder Roles
Founders Factory, a global company builder and early-stage investor offers founders capital, operational support from a team of 100 hands-on experts, and unrivalled access to industry leaders from across our corporate partners. Since 2015, Founders Factory's 300 portfolio companies - 80 built in the Studio - have raised $720mm follow-on funding from notable investors, including NfX, Coatue, Forerunner, Tencent, Mubadala and firstminute Capital.
Our latest concept in the Mission Studio (backed by Nesta) is “Sexy Greens”.
🧐 What's the concept at high level?
What if we could change the food retail environment to make distribution easier for fresh food businesses?
Our vision is to create a network of fresh food automated “micro markets” underlying an engaging digital customer experience. The ambition for this venture is to be:
- A new retail channel for food producers and brands capturing real-time insights
- Streamlining access into automated-retail as a distribution channel by broking between site locations, food producers and consumers
- A simple way for employers or organisations to subsidise healthy food for their teams
- 24/7 access to extensive range of fresh and healthy food brands
- Distributed national footprint in high traffic locations
- Promotions, loyalty and rewards capabilities
- Fully managed service; tech, maintenance and stock
⏰ Why now?
The new normal after lockdown has created new opportunities. More gig workers eating on the go, WFH making canteens obsolete, entrepreneurs spinning up food businesses looking to scale - Covid has changed how, where and when people eat. With this venture we can connect the dots to succeed in a new food environment.
🍏 The Impact
This concept has the potential to shift the balance of food availability, with the potential to impact a broad cross section of society by providing better access to convenient affordable fresh food instead of unhealthy snack bars.
💪 We are looking for a Co-founder who will:
- Own and run the day-to-day operations of the business
- Manage operations, logistics and transport cost, and keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, and productivity, accuracy and efficiency
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Analyse internal operations and identify areas for process enhancement
- Direct, optimise and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Arrange warehouse and kiosks, catalogue goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Implement business strategies and plans that align with the short and long-term objectives developed in tandem with CEO
- Help define and shape future tech and automation roadmap so that we can scale operations with better forecasting and operational efficiencies
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Be motivated by the mission, A Healthy Life and excited and passionate about working for an innovative startup
✅ We’ll look to assess on:
- Five or more years of experience in operational/logistics leadership roles
- Has experience working in F&B sector
- Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and foresee potential issues
- Confidence with digital / technical workflows and process
- Strong communication and team player
- Driven by purpose and the learning opportunity, not just money
What’s in it for you?
- Salary of up to £50k plus co-founder equity to make sure you have a piece of the pie
- You are helping bring a high-growth startup to life to and execute on our ambitions 🚀
- Work directly with the founder & CEO (Harry) helping shape all aspects of the business. Harry is a massive foodie and has a vast background in digital, tech and UX and previous to this founded a food startup marketplace
- Become part of the Founder's Factory entrepreneurial ecosystem & build relationships with industry leaders for life 💙
- A culture of self-development, continuous growth and radical candour 🙏
- Opportunity to build a team and create your own niche within Sexy Greens as we scale 👾
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.