Filter by category
Filter by type
Fraud Investigator at Monzogo back to Customer Support Jobs
- Remote (UK)
- Remote (UK)
****** please only apply for this role if you have worked in a Fraud role within Financial Services ********
Remote, UK | | £24,675 - £26,250 (depending on the experience displayed in the CV and interview) + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
What you'll be working on
We are looking for passionate Fraud Investigators to help support and protect our customers from fraud, and who love solving problems and keeping up-to-date with the latest fraud trends to join our fraud operations team, kickstart a career in fraud investigation, and help Monzo make money work for everyone.
In the Fraud team, you'll be investigating payment fraud claims made by our customers. You'll use your skills to work out what’s happened, support our customer and do your best to recover the money they have lost. As you gain experience you'll be able to take on more complex cases and grow your skills in different areas of fraud.
Your day to day
- Using the full set of tools to build a timeline of a customer's fraud claim
- Questioning our customers effectively and efficiently without influencing their answers, or making them feel interrogated
- Making fair decisions based on your high quality investigation and in line with external regulations and internal policies, to deliver fair outcomes for our customers
- Engaging with other banks and financial institutions about reports of fraudulent behaviour
Scott, a Fraud Investigator, tells you more:
'In my time at Monzo, there’s been no role as fulfilling as working as a Fraud Investigator. My day is super varied, as no two fraud claims are the same. I take a real sense of pride in being able to help our customers recover any money they’ve lost, and to also protect Monzo from people who may try to defraud us.
Even now, the lessons and best practices I picked up when I started the role have continued to influence my working day.When I lead any training groups, or buddying sessions, the one thing I impress on everyone is how important your decisioning-making skills will be in this role.
Having the confidence to make a decision is integral to succeeding as a Fraud Investigator, and the training and tools available to all of us here quickly help build the confidence needed to sharpen your decision-making skills.
There’s still new things to learn, and that can be challenging at times, but the fraud community is always supportive and ready to help'.
In applying for this role it is essential that you have experience in one or more of the following:
- Investigating transaction fraud
- Investigating fraud in a financial services environment
You should apply if:
- You are a UK resident currently living in the UK and have the right to work in the UK.
- You have experience working in operational fraud investigation teams
- You actively follow current fraud trends and typologies.
- You love connecting the dots and solving problems.
- You are comfortable making judgement-based decisions in a changing environment.
- You’re great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English.
- You’re excited by our mission of making money work for everyone.
The interview process
The application process consists of
- some initial application questions (please take your time, we read these carefully!)
- A remote assessment centre, lasting approximately 1.5 hours
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks and we typically run weekly assessment centres. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process, but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
£24,675 - £26,500 per year depending on experience displayed in the interview
This is a distributed (work from home) role, but you can be based in our Cardiff office if you would prefer to work in an office environment.
Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Your working life and shift requirements ☀️
You’ll be working remotely on an ‘open availability’ contract basis, to make sure we're always here to help and allow 24/7 customer telephony support, meaning your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis. This is Monday to Sunday 6am - 10pm including bank holidays.
To make sure we have enough cover on weekends, you'll work some other weekend days and get days off in the same working week. All of our full time COps are guaranteed 1 full weekend off each month.
The next start date will be in 10th July 2023 and training will be for 6 weeks. Please note that no holidays or appointments are permitted during the training period.To work remotely you'll also need:
- to work from home in the UK in a safe, private and distraction free environment
- a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed - 5 mbps)
- We'll provide you with a work laptop on your first day. There's no need to supply your own.
- You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.