Filter by category
Filter by type
Graduate DevSecOps Engineer at Grabyogo back to Internships
- W1B 4BF London
- National Minimum Wage
- W1B 4BF London
- National Minimum Wage
Grabyo is the video platform built for live, social and mobile. The cloud-based platform removes the traditional complexities of professional video production and distribution.
Grabyo is trusted by major publishers and rights holders such as ITV, BT Sport, EA Sports, World Rugby, The BRIT Awards, The Television Academy, The English Football Association (FA), UFC, AELTC Wimbledon and many more. Our platform integrates with the major social platforms - including Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Twitter, and YouTube. Grabyo is also a preferred global partner for Facebook Live.
Amazon Web Services is the main hosting provider for Grabyo. Every product of the platform is architected and built for scalability and high availability for a global client base. Being a cloud-based platform allows engineers to remain agile and gives them the freedom to try new things without compromising on reliability and speed of development.
For more information on Grabyo please visit the company page.
We are dedicated to making sure you are happy and committed during your time with Grabyo. We achieve this by pushing the platform and the team to use the latest technologies and to give you a whole new set of responsibilities. You will be responsible for your products end to end, from design and architecture to releasing and supporting in production. This way we guarantee that you will be engaged, challenged and more importantly: that you can make the difference.
Being social is a huge part of the Grabyo family. We like to have fun together and we provide a series of activities to help in this area. If you are interested in these activities and some of the benefits we enjoy at Grabyo, please visit this website.
If technology gets you going in the morning, then you are in the right place!
As a Graduate/Junior DevSecOps Software Engineer, automation and security will be in your genes. You will create services that have security at the core of your designs to ensure the platform remains just as secure as it is stable. You will also have an automation mindset and strong communication skills to work with the wider engineering team to simplify their workflows and increase their productivity. Your daily work will range from building cloud-based solutions with the latest technologies to working with other teams to deploy applications quickly, securely, and reliably.
Not only will the role be focused on development but also in research and experimentation, where your passion for automation and new technologies will drive you to take our continuous delivery and deployment platform to the next level.
Terraform, AWS (ECS Fargate, Lambda, EC2, plus many more), Hashicorp Vault, Packer, Docker, Golang, Python, Chef, Jenkins. These are some of the state-of-the-art technologies that you will be working with.
To ensure you keep growing and expanding your knowledge in the technology industry, we provide you with professional development opportunities such as Hackathons and weekly “tech” hours. We provide a personal development budget for qualifications, training, and conferences. We also encourage pair programming and dedicate sprints to improve our automated testing culture.
Some of your responsibilities at Grabyo include (but are not limited to):
- Creating, iterating, and optimizing internal tooling to allow the team to move faster and remain agile.
- R&D projects to ensure the platform stays up to date with industry standards around automation and new technologies; defining new processes when required.
- Collaborating with engineers to build a continuous delivery environment that will support the technical needs of our roadmap.
- Taking ownership of your work or project by building, maintaining and iterating new features and new products.
RequirementsHow do I get this job?
- An interest in software engineering or with physical/virtual data centre infrastructure
- Passion for emerging technologies
- Strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- A keenness to learn CI/CD purposes
- A basic understanding of networking and internet protocols. The familiarity of security best practices also preferred
The recruitment process:We aim to have a quick and dynamic hiring process. This process lasts around two weeks and it has the following stages:
- Phone call interview (around 30 minutes) to understand your interests and career expectations to ensure we are a good fit for each other.
- A technical challenge to be completed at home and to be discussed during the face to face interview (around 2 hours)
- Final face to face interview (up to 3 hours) with our lead developers to go through your test and your technical knowledge.
- Personal development budget and training material
- Bi-annual hackathons, security days and tech hour on Wednesday
- Quarterly performance reviews
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home options
- Ride to work scheme
- Free breakfast, Friday happy hour and monthly company lunch
- 25 days holiday and additional unpaid holiday week
- Awaydays and Christmas party
- Sponsored monthly social events
- Grabyo book library
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.