Filter by category
Filter by type
Senior Fraud Analyst at Monzogo back to Developer Jobs
London OR UK Remote | £51,000 - 72,000 + Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Fraud Analyst to join our fast-growing first line risk team to help us in our fight against fraud.
We need someone who really understands fraud, with deep awareness of industry trends and the risks that we face at Monzo. You will be able to diligently spot gaps and identify areas for improvement to ensure we are always one step ahead as we continue to grow.
As a Senior Fraud Analyst you will be the driving force behind developing and strengthening our fraud capabilities. You will be leading our strategy to build, develop and deliver improvements to our suite of fraud controls for Monzo, using the latest technologies to ensure fraud risks are effectively identified and managed. You will also work extremely closely with our Product, Engineering and Fraud Operations to optimise the performance of our controls and processes, as well as ensuring alignment across the organisation when implementing new controls or changes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing Subject Matter Expert fraud knowledge and being the point person for any questions/requirements.
- Improving the performance and optimisation of our fraud controls through deep knowledge of the systems and typologies.
- Defining and interpreting key measures and metrics on the performance of the control and reporting this to relevant oversight committees and Senior Execs across the business.
- Owning the end-to-end process for the control (including developing Standards documents) and ensuring consistency and alignment across your business area.
- Writing detailed proposals and requirements for changes to fraud controls, or where gaps have been identified, working closely with Product, Data and Engineering teams to implement changes to the control.
- Liaison with suppliers and external stakeholders where relevant.
- Building a close relationship with our Fraud Operations teams, ensuring sufficient communication and knowledge sharing on improvements to the control, and monitoring of performance of manual processes in Operations.
- Analysing internal and external data sources for new threats and trends.
- Have significant experience working in Fraud and with controls and systems used to prevent fraud from occurring.
- You are passionate about fraud, Monzo and putting customers first.
- Have led the implementation of improvements to fraud systems in similar organisations.
- You enjoy working efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and thrive when there’s ambiguity.
- Comfortable working with data to identify patterns and trends and draw conclusions and associated recommendations that improve our fraud capabilities.
- You are able to clearly articulate the risk of fraud and the importance of controls to people who are not experts.
- You're great at explaining processes and complex technical requirements to people.
- You’re comfortable working with product managers, engineers, data scientists and identifying operational requirements.
- You’re keen to get stuck in and make things happen, without waiting for someone else.
- You’re well organised and can work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Desirable experience and qualifications
- You hold, or are working towards, qualifications or courses in fraud such as ACAMS, CFE, or CIFAS fraud certificates.
- You have worked within banking or financial services previously so understand the regulatory landscape and/or awareness of fraud risks facing fintechs.
⏳ Applications close at midnight on 19th May
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Short call with a Monzo Recruiter
- Video-call with the Hiring Manager
- 2 x 45 minute competency based interviews conducted by GoogleMeet
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact: email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
£51,000 - 72,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Learning budget of £1,000 a year for training courses and conferences ➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.