Filter by category
Filter by type
Sr. IT Systems Engineer at Zapiergo back to Developer Jobs
Due to the geographical spread of the team and closest business partners for this position, we can only consider candidates based in the EDT - UTC+1 time zones.
We're looking for a Sr. IT Systems Engineer to join our team. Zapier is on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
This is an exciting role at Zapier in a growing team, and you will play a direct role in implementing and improving Zapier's IT infrastructure. Working closely with our Engineering, People Ops, and Security Teams you will implement, manage, automate, and support the tools and services that power a globally distributed engineering team.
We believe that a good IT experience is a perk, it keeps people productive and engaged rather than getting in the way. You will help to maintain a world-class Mac experience for our employees and streamline access management by implementing SSO applications and automating processes. You will help scale our IT infrastructure and processes to the next level as a service owner, and you will be crucial to its success as Zapier grows. This isn't an IT Helpdesk job, but assisting and providing great customer service for Zapier’s IT needs is part of the role.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable org, then read on…
Our Commitment to Applicants
Culture and Values at Zapier
Zapier Guide to Remote Work
Zapier Code of Conduct
Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You’re a skilled IT Systems Engineer. We’re looking for 3+ years of direct hands-on experience in the roll-out, maintenance, and support of an expanding IT infrastructure. Our fleet is all MacOS.
- You’re an excellent communicator. We’re a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier.
- You believe relationships are critical to success. You understand that building and maintaining trust across the organization is vital.
- You’re creative and resourceful. You try as many angles as possible to implement simple and scalable IT solutions. You’re able to see the big picture but are pragmatic in implementing solutions that meet the needs of today. You must have strong attention to detail and an eye for creating an amazing employee experience.
- You’re solid at time management. You’ll balance a variety of fast-moving projects, and pull the cord early when things go awry. As a part of a distributed team, you are trusted to work with minimal supervision.
- You want to grow with us. As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make an impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
Things You’ll Do
Zapier is a fast-growing and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Your main responsibility will be managing our Okta instance, including implementing SSO applications, managing onboarding and offboarding and creating automation workflows with Okta Workflows & Zapier
- Develop tools and processes to automate manual work, user account creation and integrations with tools. You will frequently work with APIs to power our automations.
- Triage and support IT issues as they arise. Build automations to eliminate frequent requests.
- Perform user account management as part of onboarding and offboarding.
- Identify and implement improvements to our IT infrastructure.
- Work with dozens of SaaS tools, such as GSuite, Jira, Slack, 1Password, Zoom, etc.
- You will work with the rest of the team to enhance our Mac experience.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
United States: 125,800 - 188,600 USD
Canada: 125,800 - 188,600 CAD
United Kingdom: 71,800 - 107,600 GBP
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity. We use a competency-based approach to base pay, which means we set pay for all Zapier employees based on their competency and skills demonstrated in their role. In alignment with that philosophy, the upper half of a pay range is typically reserved for individuals who have consistently demonstrated a high level of job knowledge and skills for their current role and level while at Zapier.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We're looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.