Filter by category
Filter by type
SCALA BACK-END SOFTWARE ENGINEER at Jebrago back to Developer Jobs
- ₤15 an hour
- ₤15 an hour
Jebra is an automation platform that is revolutionising the way businesses automate their
workflows. We make enterprise-level automations available to the middle market, eliminating
the need for costly data warehouses and technical talent. Our plug and play automations are
designed for everyone and can be easily tailored to fit any workflow or business need.
Your primary role will be to develop new automations and maintain existing ones within our
Scala stack, including but not limited to:
● Building new data connectors to GET data from and POST data to other services
● Update and maintain existing connectors as necessary, e.g by adding new endpoints
● Add automation-specific business logic as necessary
● Integrate between our (Scala) back-end and (Python) transformation engine, which
may involve augmenting our simple python protocol if necessary
● Writing functional tests
● Support DEVOPS in deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting automations
● Regular code reviews and progress updates for the rest of the team
● Take an active role in influencing the direction and evolution of our technology stack.
● Take an active role in other parts of our stack that interest you - we value having a
team of well-rounded developers who can support and learn from each other across
● General code maintenance: regression testing; performance improvement; stack
- At least one year of Scala(preferably) or Java
- Git workflows
- Strong UNIX sysadmin and scripting
- Experience writing and deploying production-quality code
- Experience integrating web applications with 3rd party services
- Unit and integration testing experience
- Experience with cloud-based hosting (AWS, Linode)
Web development experience, e.g Vue.js, React.js, etc
Work hours & Compensation
- All our employees are classified as independent contractors and are required to sign
a contract and NDA.
- However, work hours will generally be full-time; we give you the flexibility to work
between 30-60 hours per week.
- We give annual performance-based bonuses and pay raises.
- Depending on the variability of your weekly hours you will have the choice to record
your hours on a day-to-day basis, or a fixed-weekly basis (e.g 40 hours / week).
Work Culture & Other Details
- Our team is distributed globally with team members in London, Delhi and San
- Except for scheduled meetings, you are generally free to set your own work schedule
within reasonable limits; however, we sometimes need to work very closely e.g when
handling critical platform outages or client requests, so you must be able to adapt
and be available online in such instances.
- Our distributed nature and flexible hours means we must all communicate
requirements and expectations clearly and do our utmost to meet agreed deadlines,
especially when these have cascading dependencies on and consequences for other
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.