Filter by category
Filter by type
Quality Assurance Engineer at Plate Upgo back to Developer Jobs
- ₤25,000 a year
- ₤25,000 a year
We are currently searching for a Quality Assurance Engineer to become a valuable member of our team, whose main responsibility is to help maintain high levels of quality on our platform. In this role, you'll play a critical role in ensuring the software is error-free and our customers get an experience of the highest level.
Plate Up builds products that simplify the grocery shopping experience. We work with the recipes of celebrity chefs so that users can pick meals they love and then turn them into ingredients in their supermarket basket. By going one step further than recipe box kits, we let our customers also add any extra household items to round off their weekly shop. Our vision is to change grocery shopping for the next generation of customers and make people fall in love with it all over again.
To be successful in this role, you should have a passion for accuracy and a strong attention to detail. You'll need to be able to work both independently and as part of a team, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. We value team members who are highly organised and able to prioritise workload effectively to meet tight deadlines. We have several UI & UX improvements for the platform in the pipeline and it will be important that these new updates are released error free and function inline with customer expectations.
We're looking for someone who has the ability to learn new software and tools as necessary. We operate in a fast-paced environment, so we require someone who can work with agility, think outside the box and perform well under pressure.
As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with a talented and dedicated group and play a crucial role in supporting our daily operations. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to make a difference and build a fulfilling career with a leading organisation.
- Test the application's front-end user interface and the back-end server-side logic
- Work closely with developers to develop test plans and test cases and execute tests
- Ensure that the application works as intended, meets the requirements, and is compatible with various browsers, devices, and operating systems
- Collaborate closely with software developers, product manager, and other stakeholders to understand requirements, identify potential risks, and provide input on product design and functionality.
- Execute manual tests, analyse test results, and document defects, providing clear and concise reports to the development team before they are released to production..
- Support the development team in prioritising, tracking, and resolving defects, ensuring timely resolution and preventing recurrence.
- Learn and apply industry best practices for software QA methodologies, tools, and processes, including both manual and automated testing techniques.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of product documentation, including user training notes & release notes
- Participate in agile development processes, attend sprint planning meetings, and provide regular status updates on testing activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Familiarity with software QA methodologies, tools, and processes is a plus.
- Interest in learning and applying test automation tools and frameworks (e.g., Selenium, JUnit, TestNG).
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban, is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention-to-detail skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A positive, self-motivated attitude and the ability to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Ideally someone who enjoys cooking and has a passion for it
- Modern software - no red-tape or legacy systems that come with older-generation businesses
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with cutting-edge technologies.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment with a strong emphasis on growth and development.
- Minimal hierarchy – you will work closely with our founding team to build the ultimate shopping & cooking experience in our shared vision
- Flexible working hours - we will require deliverables by certain, regular key dates but our company be flexible about when the work takes place providing it is complete and up to the required standards our customers expect
- Salary Pro-Rata: £25,000
- Part-time basis: 3 days per week
- We work at home in Belfast, Leeds & London, with communication taking place over our Video Conferencing software to touch base and see the team. This role will be remote in the UK and all training for the position will be provided on that same basis.
How we’ll get to know each other:
Our process will take up to 2 hour in total and will typically consist of:
- an initial 60 minute test to understand your input capabilities – then, if successful;
- a 30 - 40 minute video interview, consisting of:
- an run through of your CV and experience
- a more technical deep dive, where appropriate
If you're a proactive and motivated individual with a passion for accuracy and attention to detail, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Don’t forget to include a link to your gitlab/github if you have one!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.