Filter by category
Filter by type
Data Engineering Lead at Piricalgo back to Data and Product Jobs
- ₤80,000 - ₤100,000 a year
- ₤80,000 - ₤100,000 a year
Pirical is pioneering the field of People Analytics. We are on a mission to help companies make fairer and better decisions about their people by helping our customers answer tough people strategy questions like: 'How can we achieve 30% of women in leadership by 2030?' or 'How can we eliminate bias in the recruitment process?’. This is enabled by our innovative knowledge management systems and data automation techniques.
We are an organically grown business that already has some of the world’s leading law firms as our clients both here in the UK and in the US, and we have ambitious plans to grow our business even further.
We are looking to hire a Data Engineering Lead to join the team developing our flagship product: POD. This role is perfect for someone who is driven by impact and wants to work in a mission driven environment.
As a Data Engineering Lead you will be part of our Customer Success team and work on our unique, award-winning people analytics platform, Pirical On Demand. The Customer Success team consists of 10+ strong and ambitious team members either data engineers or implementation managers. The team has an informal, hard-working, and supportive team culture which allows us to deliver the best results!
Pirical On Demand is a growing product built on cutting edge data engineering technologies and supported by efficient and scalable data pipelines. As a Data Engineering Lead you will design and build low fault, high performance data pipelines for the POD product - as well as contribute to the development of Junior members of the team through coaching, mentoring, and setting high Engineering standards.
- Assume stewardship of all client data pipelines and associated infrastructure
- Make design decisions to solve complex client data processing problems
- Design and build low fault high performance data pipelines for the POD product
- Set high engineering standards for the team
- Mentor junior data engineers
- Interact with clients to collect the right data and to gain in-depth understanding of what the data represents
- This is a hybrid role that will require some time spent in the office
- You will have roughly 7 years of experience working in data engineering, and understand the value it can bring if effectively handled and transformed
- You will have extensive experience in Python and AWS
- You will have good foundational knowledge on software engineering and software performance
- Experience developing others would be beneficial but is not essential
- You have a good eye for detail and feel satisfied when things are tidy and organised
- You are a team player and want to work in a great team to achieve results of high standards
- You are passionate about improving processes and delivering good service to others
Technologies we use:
- AWS services (S3, SageMaker, Cloud9, Redshift, Neptune, Glue (starting 2023), Redshift Spectrum (starting 2023), and more…)
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Great Expectations, Prefect (starting 2023)
- Custom In-house tools (processing factories, CLIs, pipeline orchestration apps)
- Graph databases, Semantic web standards, Ontologies and knowledge representation
- Our work is meaningful and we have laser focus on customer impact. You'll see your work make a difference for someone else.
- Private health insurance
- 25 Days Holiday and unlimited after 2 years of employment!
- Team Events (eg. Book Club, Clash of Code, Team Yoga, ...)
- Personal Development Opportunities (eg. training, 1:1 mentoring, ...)
Pirical is committed to being an inclusive and diverse place to work. The excellent work produced at Pirical would not be possible without bringing together all of the different backgrounds, experiences and skills that our team has. We treat every employee equally, and fairly regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, religion, or sexual orientation. It is vitally important that each of our team members feels confident, comfortable, and empowered.
Note to recruitment agencies: Pirical is committed to building a long-term approach to our hiring strategy, we are therefore already working in partnership with selected talent partners. We, therefore, ask you to hold off sending speculative CVs or sales approaches through this email.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.