Filter by category
Filter by type
Software Engineer at \m/ Driftrockgo back to Developer Jobs
Work environment: fully remote whether you are based in the UK or abroad
Flexibility: Full time
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Up to £50K
The Driftrock engineering team is on the hunt for a software engineer who will be working directly with everyone in the company to continuously improve our product and drive innovation.
You will be expected to:
- research, design, and build new exciting products
- maintain and improve existing products keeping them on the cutting edge of tech
- work closely with the other developers, the product team and stakeholders to create and deliver industry-leading software
- jump on calls with clients to resolve technical issues and gather requirements
- have excellent communications skills and work well in a team environment
Who we are @ Driftrock
Driftock is a software platform founded in 2013 that uses data to help start meaningful conversations between people and brands.
We do this by creating, connecting, and managing all the surfaces and data where customers choose to interact with brands.
We work with some of the world’s best data-driven brands, such as BMW, Volvo, BT and Vitality.
We are a team of 20 people who care deeply about what we do. As a result, you’ll have a huge impact on Driftrock’s culture, product, and how we work.
Driftrock is a remote-first company but also provides flexible workspace passes if you need them, giving you the freedom to choose how and where you would like to work each day.
About the team & technology
You will be joining a small team of engineers who are deeply passionate about technology and problem solving, and you will have a chance to make a huge impact on the culture and practices of the team, and the wider company.
We believe in continuous improvement and we are constantly optimising how we work and communicate.
We plan our work weekly, using a lean approach (a mixture of Kanban and eXtreme Programming). This way we are able to deploy several times a day, allowing us to have a short feedback cycle on our changes.
We have a data-driven mindset and we use data to drive decisions on everything from user story prioritisation to company strategy.
We also strongly believe in observable systems and keeping a close eye on how our product is behaving.
Our platform is made of multiple services (mainly built in Elixir, plus some Ruby services that we are transitioning to Elixir), talking to each other via APIs and RabbitMQ and storing data in Postgresql and redis. All services are hosted on Google Cloud using Kubernetes.
We have fully embraced Phoenix LiveView for our frontend. We still enjoy playing with it and keeping up with all the exciting updates as part of our journey of experimentation on new technologies.
- 3 years+ of software experience
- You should have a backend experience (Elixir and Ruby are our favourites but everyone’s welcome) and some experience with frontend frameworks.
- You should demonstrate a desire to continuously learn to improve your technical, communication and other soft skills.
- You value and enjoy working in a small team, collaborating closely with other engineers as well as members of other teams.
- You can provide new and diverse viewpoints for our technical and product discussions.
- You are interested in, and have a view on agile practices such as eXtreme Programming, continuous delivery, TDD, pair programming, code reviews and retrospectives.
- You are keen to ensure there is a high standard of quality and security in the software we produce as a team.
- Able to work ideally within three hours + or - of UK time
- People resident in the UK will need to have the right to work in the UK
- Fully remote role! Work from anywhere!
- Holidays entitlement of 24 days, increasing a day each year, capped at 28
- Budget to attend conferences or courses to further your development.
- Flexibility to take courses or time on personal goals.
- Laptop is provided by us and budget for remote work setup.
- A regular personal review process to help you set goals and increase your package based on your achievements.
- Maternity and Paternity - Family comes first, so we have a package that means you can spend the time you need with your growing family.
- Socials at some venues online and in person!
- Share options in the company with very favourable option agreements
- A company pension scheme contribution and vision policy
- Cycle-to-work and electric car schemes
- Discounts and perks with CharlieHR
- We celebrate year anniversaries and birthdays.
Some of the benefits are only available if you are in the UK
We will not be considering any recruitment agencies for this role.
"By applying for this job you hereby give Driftrock Limited (Driftrock) permission to process and store your data on our secure applicant tracking system and to contact you with information relating to Driftrock job opportunities.
We process your data for recruitment purposes only. We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled. When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for similar future roles for subsequent 12 months. You have the right to object to this.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle your data with the UK supervisory authority (Information Commissioner’s Office - ICO) or how to contact our named Data Protection Officer (DPO) for more information or concerns.”
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.