Filter by category
Filter by type
Tech lead at DAYMADEgo back to Developer Jobs
- ₤80,000 - ₤100,000 a year
- ₤80,000 - ₤100,000 a year
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Tech Lead / Lead Engineer to join our small but mighty startup. Join us in our mission to disrupt the timeless but severely outdated multi-billion £ lottery industry and help us spread joy to people’s lives with an exciting product that is tailored to millennials and gen Z.
With a few seed financing rounds behind us and the strategic backing of publicly listed Zeal Network, we’re now looking forward to raising a Series A financing round early next year to boost our growth. It is a very exciting time to join our team and help us in our next phase of growth!
DAYMADE is a prize platform where people can win epic holidays and experiences, while also planting trees with every purchase. Unlike traditional lotteries which offer unwinnable cash prizes, we flipped the model on its head by creating as many winners of prizes big and small every week. With an “Excellent” rating on TrustPilot, we really live up to our name and are dedicated to building a brand and product experience that makes people’s day.
As a Tech Lead / Lead Engineer, you will roll up your sleeves to release new features, improve existing code, and ensure our tech stack is built for scale. You will take over the entire tech platform and make sure it is kept up to date and fit for purpose. As such, it is essential you have very hands-on coding experience (preferably as the sole engineer at a B2C startup) and are comfortable multi-tasking and releasing features at pace.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working closely with the 3 co-founders: Andrew (CEO), Callum (Designer) and Lisa (Head of Operations). We’ve spent the last few years building, scaling and pivoting DAYMADE, while having a lot of fun together! You’ll also be working with 3 friendly like-minded team members in Violet (Customer Support), Reshat (Front-End Developer) and David (Head of Growth). While we work mostly from home, we try to meet once per week in a co-working office to remind each other we are real-life humans, giving ChatGPT a run for their money. The rest of the week we communicate over Slack and Zoom calls (we don’t overdo it)! If you’re good with GIFS, that’s a huge plus.
What are we looking for?
- 8+ years work experience building customer-facing products as a full-stack developer
- 4+ years work experience at a (early-stage) startup in a small dev team or as sole developer
- Experience with AWS, particularly Lambda, RDS, EC2 and CloudFront
- Experience building a tech stack that supports high growth businesses
- Familiar with Git and GitHub
- Able to implement new features and troubleshoot bugs rapidly
- Bias towards action, takes initiative and can work solo
- Keen to take on full responsibility for every part of the stack
- An keen eye for design in order to deliver a good UI
- Ability to work with and manage a more junior dev as needed (our aim is to keep the team as lean as possible)
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work independently and autonomously
- Natural problem solver who can manage multiple tasks at the same time
What we offer?
- Autonomy: the best perk of working in a startup if you ask us! You’d take full lead and ownership of the tech stack.
- An open platform for your creativity and initiatives where your work will directly impact the success of the business
- A flexible work environment: ability to work from home and (temporarily) work abroad.
- A friendly and fun team: arguably the best if we do say so ourselves!
- Fair compensation: starting with £80k-£100k + ESOP (based on experience)
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.