Filter by category
Filter by type
Tech Lead at Theodo UKgo back to Developer Jobs
- ₤60,000 - ₤95,000 a year
- ₤60,000 - ₤95,000 a year
Theodo UK - Tech Lead
Theodo UK is an entrepreneurial product and technical consultancy. We bring together our expertise in product organisation, cloud-native tech and delivery methodology to develop web & mobile applications that help our clients build the tech capability to stand out in their market.
Working full-stack across mobile/web applications, Theodo utilises technologies such as React(with Next.js), React Native(with Expo), Node.js/Django and Serverless (mainly AWS) and small, lean teams (3-6 people) to deliver cutting edge software to our client’s users in a matter of weeks.
Theodo UK is part of the M33 Group comprised of 10 companies with ranging specialisms from general consultancy to technical specialism to financial services & health tech. Within M33 we regularly collaborate together to deliver the highest quality products to our clients by drawing on the specialisms across the group.
At Theodo UK we are 45 aiming to be 60 people by the end of 2023. However, as a group we are over 600 people strong, across Paris, New York, London and Casablanca.
What will you be doing?
Tech Leads at Theodo are responsible for creating a quality strategy for the code and architecture of their projects and helping to ensure their teams are trained and supported.
They do this in 4 key ways:
- Defining the architecture and guaranteeing the quality of project code: accomplished by designing the project architecture with project stakeholders and establishing quality indicators. You are responsible for the quality of the project with the support of your Engineering Manager
- Helping developers succeed on their projects: achieved with regular 1-1’s to drive their progression and identifying training needs for them to succeed.
- Creating conditions for the project to succeed achieved by identifying and removing technical impediments and participating in strong Backlog and Technical Refinement sessions.
- Ensuring innovation within the team: cultivated through regular problem solving and creating continuous improvement ‘Kaizens’ with the team
What are we looking for?
Theodo is looking for engineers who can bring knowledge and experience to aid in growing our teams and training our junior engineers.
The tech lead role at Theodo is hands-on and provides a future pathway to a number of different progression opportunities within Theodo UK. Such as:
- Senior Tech Lead - further developing your technical skills to take on tougher challenges while continuing to lead and manage the technical and delivery aspects of your project "
- Evangelist - developing credibility as a technical leader in the community by speaking at conferences and creating technical content inspired by the technology you use
- Solutions Architect - focusing on the breadth of your technical knowledge so you can be involved with the sales/proposal of projects with our clients to design high-level technical solutions to address and solve their business needs.
- Engineering Manager - working across projects to coach our Tech Leads and teams on technical challenges and encouraging innovation across all teams.
Who are we looking for?
We are open to people from diverse backgrounds who are keen to share their technical passion and experience with those around them.
Our ideal candidate would have experience in:
- Technical experience
We are not prescriptive about the technical background our Tech leads have, but are looking for someone who has worked in the industry for 5+ years and can bring 2-3 years of experience with at least one of our core technologies (all using Typescript where applicable):
- Node(mainly NestJS)
- React Native
- React Native(largely using Expo)Ways of Working
- Methodology - You believe strongly in the benefits of iterative methodologies. You are pragmatic with knowledge of the trade-offs involved in Agile/Lean ways of working.
- Quality - Development/Growth
- Coaching/Mentoring - Experience developing the best in those you work with and helping them reach their own career and personal goals.
- Tech Quality - Experience contributing to a “tech first” environment and background driving technical best practices within your teams.
What we offer:
- A quarterly budget to buy your tech set-up
- Private Medical Insurance with additional mental health services
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership
- Enhanced Parental leave
- Flexible work environment, with a split between remote and in-office working (we have a great office in Soho!)
- Monthly socials
- Annual trip abroad
- Weekly coaching sessions to make sure you are moving toward your personal goals, whatever they may be!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.