Job Title: UK Head of Sales
Salary: £80-100k, depending on experience level + OTE
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From its launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than ten million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our offices in West London and numerous remote locations, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna’s success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant and diverse group of people we have hired across the globe. Right now, we're seeking an experienced Head of Sales to lead the growth of our UK business across our key client segments. The Head of Sales will be a key member of the growing Adzuna team and represent the voice of the customer in strategy, product and marketing conversations.
You’ll be leading a small team of new business sales reps and account managers working alongside marketing and delivery to give a great experience to our clients. The sales team will benefit from your experience to date but even more important is the passion you bring to work every day. You will strive for excellence, try new things, inspire and engage those around you and feel ownership of overall company success as well as pride in doing your bit.
- Deliver ambitious sales team targets across multiple client segments/products
- Conduct own prospecting of high value opportunities
- Lead the creation and enhancement of best in class sales processes and tools for lead generation, pipeline management, sales presentations, demos etc
- Work with our B2B marketing manager to build industry profile, attending industry conferences as relevant
- Lead by example: own the relationships with the company’s top customers/prospects, build and deepen those relationships and deliver revenue growth from them in short and long term
- Grow share of wallet with customers over time, both budgets and pricing
- Provide a seamless, outstanding customer experience to all our clients
- Develop current team of account managers to provide a best in class service to all clients and markets
- Lead the training and development of a small, high calibre sales team and act as a talent magnet to add key players to the team over time
- Develop annual and monthly revenue forecasts and plans to hit them
- Manage to pricing guidelines and work with marketing to ensure we deliver customer campaigns and hit target profitability
- Lead weekly sales meetings to update and motivate team
- Work closely with heads of Marketing and Delivery in particular
What’s in it for you?
What’s in it for you? Adzuna is a profitable, growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in the US in particular on the back of cutting-edge programmatic technology, expanding our labour market data offerings (and hiring!).
Like everyone here, you will act like an owner, be a team player and make a difference. It’s an opportunity to work with a smart team led by experienced management and dedicated and passionate Founders.
It’s not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to be, where you can be yourself to do what you do best.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate experience of, or aptitude for much of the below:
- 5+yrs sales leadership experience
- Excellent internal and external rapport builder/ people skills, establishing strong relationships
- Excellent work ethic, drive and resilience. Enjoy setting and finding a can-do way to hit or exceed stretching targets
- Strong numerical skills, able to analyse and optimise campaigns.
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, performance related bonus, stock options (we are all owners!) and a contributory pension scheme.
- Wellbeing: Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health; enhanced maternity and paternity leave; 25 days paid holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays; and a full programme of wellbeing activities and events.
- Hybrid working: We are a fully hybrid company - half our workforce are remote. With employees located in different time zones, we embrace asynchronous work and ensure that everything we do reflects the hybrid nature of our workforce so that everyone feels included. We also have a travel programme to help facilitate teamwork across our global teams.
- Flexible working: For those working out of one of our offices (non-remote), we have a flexible working policy which means any full time employee can work from home 2+ days per week - you can choose your office days.
- Diversity & inclusion: We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating an environment where everyone feels included and welcome. Our D&I committee helps deliver a programme of activities and actions to support this important area of focus.
- Training: Learning and development is an important pillar of our culture and there are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow whether through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Lots of this is done virtually to ensure that everyone is included.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100+ person business operating across 20 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 20 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.