Technical SEO Manager
Adzuna is an established and profitable job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From its UK launch in 2011, we help over 10 million visitors a month across 20 markets find better, more fulfilling jobs. Adzuna’s success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant people we have hired. Right now, we’re seeking an experienced SEO Manager to take our global organic traffic growth to the next level, both at our new South west London office and remotely.
This is a stimulating, specialist role with lots of responsibility and potential to make a significant impact. You’ll be managing our growth in free traffic across 20 international markets and your strong technical SEO background will be combined with a talent for content and outbound marketing to build authority through links in the eyes of key search engines. Your proven track record of growing international audiences into the millions will set you up for this challenge and you’ll have the opportunity to learn and develop in a high performing marketing team. There is significant SEO upside potential in all markets and we’re looking to you to help us unlock it.
You’ll work closely with our experienced marketing, product and management team, and will contribute to scaling Adzuna's global jobseeker audience from the tens to hundreds of millions each month. This is your opportunity to put your own stamp on one of Europe’s most successful tech start-ups and work with a talented and sociable team to make job search better.
- Management of core SEO, Google for Jobs and other relevant organic search environments.
- Full stack ownership of technical SEO, content generation and link-building.
- Extensive evaluation of complex data sets - internal and external - to assess keyword universe, ranking and traffic performance and relative competitor progress and initiatives.
- Identification, prioritization and implementation of scalable technical and content initiatives.
- Collaboration with in-house product managers and developers to implement tests, feature changes and build new and improved ways of surfacing core revenue generating content.
- Develop a strategy to grow Adzuna’s authority through links at scale, both in terms of referring domains and target pages.
- Work with in-house and freelance resources to produce editorial content and drive organic link-building efforts.
- When appropriate, recruit, manage, train and motivate SEO interns/freelancers
- You have at least 5 years SEO experience and at least 3 working on very large sites with extensive product or listing catalogues for multinational businesses, ideally in-house or at an agency where this represents your primary hands-on client.
- You have a proven ability to exceed ambitious traffic and conversion targets through SEO.
- You have done extensive evaluation of detailed log data, competitor data, ranking data and web analytics for many years.
- You are comfortable working with platforms that have become complex with age and require creativity and collaborative relationships to deliver results.
- Experience sourcing freelancers and maximising the value you get from them.
- You have used CMSs such as Wordpress to create nimble content generation.
- You like to roll up your sleeves, be hands-on, entrepreneurial, and thrive on juggling a lot of responsibilities at the same time
- You don’t always require a budget or extensive development resources to make progress.
- You are highly numerate, analytical and efficient in your use of data.
- You self-identify as a great communicator – both verbally in writing – with an energetic, action-oriented nature.
- You take a methodical approach to SEO projects and tasks.
- You are a creative, inventive and positive thinker, always looking for solutions to complex problems.
- You make things happen
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options (we are all owners!) and a contributory pension scheme.
- Wellbeing: Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health; enhanced maternity and paternity leave; 25 days paid holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays; and a full programme of wellbeing activities and events.
- Hybrid working: We are a fully hybrid company - half our workforce are remote. With employees located in different time zones, we embrace asynchronous work and ensure that everything we do reflects the hybrid nature of our workforce so that everyone feels included. We also have a travel programme to help facilitate teamwork across our global teams.
- Flexible working: For those working out of one of our offices (non-remote), we have a flexible working policy which means any full time employee can work from home 2-3 days per week - you can choose your office days.
- Diversity & inclusion: We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating an environment where everyone feels included and welcome. Our D&I committee helps deliver a programme of activities and actions to support this important area of focus.
- Training: Learning and development is an important pillar of our culture and there are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow whether through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Lots of this is done virtually to ensure that everyone is included.
More about Adzuna:
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 20 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 20 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.