We’re looking for an ambitious NLP/Data Engineer to join us @Good With.
Who we are:
Good With is an award-winning early-stage Fintech4Good ai-startup. We deliver personalised psychology-based financial guidance via a chatbot app to support our young adult learners’ money and mental health needs as they manage their financial lives; building their financial capability and giving them an alternative credit score to help them access fairer finance. (www.goodwith.co)
(Please don’t be put off applying because you aren’t a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity, think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren’t sure if you tick every box, we’d still love to hear from you.)
This is an exciting role that will challenge ambitious candidates who want to work in a fast paced startup. As our NLP/Data Engineer, you will work at the heart of a dynamic, multidisciplinary and agile team. This is a hands-on role that requires a coding background (ideally using Python), interest in Machine Learning with a passion for implementing and maintaining production level ML pipelines which will deliver an innovative financial readiness score for young adults.
You’ll love this role if you enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment, are a self-starter, love autonomy but enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team, know how to get things done or find figuring it out equally satisfying.
- Develop and automate NLP analysis pipelines, including, but not limited to topic modelling and sentiment analysis
- Work with the Software Development team to integrate ChatGPT into our mobile app
- Support the development of approaches to solve ML problems in credit scoring space, including working with edge ML, supervised and unsupervised deep learning approaches
- Create production ML pipelines using OpenBanking, behavioural and natural language data
- Work collaboratively with the Behavioural Science Lead and their team, including code review and critique of methodology, and strategy development
- Implement and develop new Machine Learning approaches and services
- Take responsibility for continuous evaluation and improvement of models in production using Google Cloud Platform
- Stay up to date with the latest tools, research, methods and technologies, and keep an eye open for opportunities to apply these (you will be encouraged to engage with continued programmes of study/attend networking events and contribute towards outreach)
We’d really like to hear from you, if you have…
- Experience in building models to analyse and interpret text data, including topic modelling and sentiment analysis.
- Confidence working with text data across all stages of the analysis pipeline.
- A strong interest in Generative AI, and willingness to work with the software development team to implement and refine ChatGPT into the app
- A creative approach to feature engineering, using a behaviour-first approach to model design
- Strong interest in and experience with machine learning and what it takes to get AI working in practice
- Technical expertise in AI: Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Statistics, NLP
- Knowledge of relevant metrics and how to apply them to monitor model performance
- Strong proficiency with Python, or strong experience in other languages and a willingness to learn Python
- Ability to write high quality code that can be easily understood and maintained
- Strong experience with ML for processing unstructured data and modern supporting tools e.g. GCP, AWS, git, etc.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills: you are a charismatic, people-person that has the ability to talk to anyone and work in an ever-changing startup environment
The Good Stuff
A few things that make Good With an amazing place to work…
- 👩🏽💻 Remote-first working environment, with quarter team meets near the beach. We meet quarterly in the South West, where GWHQ is based - surfing, climbing and water sports optional at these meets. 🏄♀️
- 📅 Flexi-time, you decide with your team, what works best for you all
- 🌴 30 days holiday, plus your birthday off 🎁
- 🧠 Commitment to personal development and career growth. Think upskilling, coaching workshops and progression plans
- 🏆 Award-winning recognised innovative Finteh4Good startup, with internationally renowned advisor/mentor support who support our team
- Autonomy and an opportunity to see your work on an important problem, recognised
- 🙌 A people focused, inclusive culture
If you’re looking for your next challenge and opportunity to move up in your career, we’d love to hear from you.