Good With is looking for a talented and versatile Full Stack Developer
If the idea of building a product that empowers citizens with their own data, that’s fair, ethical, transparent in its approach to democratising affordable credit for all, with a diverse team who understands humans & human data excites you as much as it does us, we'd love to meet you.
Who we are:
Good With is an award-winning early-stage Fintech4Good startup. We deliver personalised psychology-based financial guidance via a chatbot app to support our young adult learners’ money and mental health needs as they manage their financial lives; building their financial capability and giving them an alternative credit score to help them access fairer finance. (www.goodwith.co)
(Please don’t be put off applying because you aren’t a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity, think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren’t sure if you tick every box, we’d still love to hear from you.)
We’re looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Developer who will work at the heart of a dynamic, multidisciplinary and agile team. As the more senior developer on the team, you’ll develop the platform and infrastructure connecting a text-enabled intelligent mobile app, financial OpenBanking data sources, behavioural data, state of the art intelligent analytics and real-time recommendation engine.
- To develop the server (backend) applications and databases:
- The applications will support a mobile app, providing secure user
authentication, profile information, user financial data including summary
overviews, analytics and recommendations.
- Core applications will synchronise data from banking and finance sources
through the OpenBanking API.
- Development of secure databases of user and financial data, supporting
real-time conversational interactions with mobile app users, and architected to scale with user growth.
- To develop a scalable cloud hosted infrastructure:
- Secure cloud hosted environments for the applications.
- Support for hosted firewalls, proxies, databases, backups, and API
- Monitoring for health, performance, and security.
- Automated continuous build, test, integration and deployment of applications
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Planning and documenting technical specifications for features or system design
- Designing, building, and configuring applications to meet business process and application requirements
- Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications
- Writing testable, scalable, and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determining software quality standards
- Assessing current systems and processes, and developing ways to improve them
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Writing specification documents
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
We’d really like to hear from you, if you have…
- Demonstrable experience developing server applications that have been successfully adopted by users, maintained security and performance with growth in users.
- Experience working in an agile team, doing iterative development, and monitoring both infrastructure and user experience. Knowledge or experience of CI/CD will be helpful.
- Experience working with a security function to design and develop secure applications and infrastructure, assess and mitigate risks, and support formal security assurance processes, ideally in a financial services sector.
- Server application development using frameworks such as Django and Flask
- API development, with gateways deployed using, for example, nginx
- Experience of at least two additional leading languages
- Continuous build and integration tools such as Git, Jenkins
- Infrastructure tools such as Docker and Kubernetes, or Amazon/Google equivalents.
- Experience with Chatbots / ML / NLP, AI led development
- A degree in a mathematical, scientific or computing subject
- AWS and/or Google Cloud Certifications
If you have alternative relevant qualifications and applicable technology certifications we encourage you to apply.
The Good Stuff
A few things that make Good With an amazing place to work…
- 🌴 30 days holiday, plus your birthday off 🎁
- 👩🏽💻 Remote-first working environment, with quarter team meets near the beach. We meet quarterly in the South West, where GWHQ is based - surfing, climbing and water sports optional at these meets. 🏄♀️
- 📅 Flexi-time, you decide with your team, what works best for you all
- 🧠 Commitment to personal development and career growth. Think upskilling, coaching workshops and progression plans
- 🏆 Award-winning recognised innovative Finteh4Good startup, with internationally renowned advisor/mentor support who support our team members
- 🙌 A people focused, inclusive culture
If you’re looking for your next challenge and opportunity to move up in your career, we’d love to hear from you.