Previous experience within a startup in a customer-support role is mandatory
We’re a small team with big ambitions to change the pet care industry for the better. We have a new opening for a part-time role as a Customer Experience Specialist.
About Protect My Pet
At Protect My Pet, we’re on a mission to change and disrupt the pet care industry for the better. We were the first pet health subscription company to launch in the UK. We provide fully personalised parasite treatment subscription boxes, delivered directly to your door. We’re a fast-growing, D2C (direct-to-consumer) online business and customer experience is at the heart of what we do.
We’re looking for somebody passionate about pets and pet health, with excellent digital business experience.
The Customer Experience Specialist role is an opportunity to become the first point of contact for our customers at Protect My Pet. This is a crucial role within the business that will aim to assist, delight and reward our customers. Our goal is to continue to retain and acquire customers by providing exceptional customer experience.
Responsibilities (What you’ll be doing) Not limited to:
- Providing a first-line response to all inbound customer enquiries and questions via email, live chat and telephone.
- To handle customer concerns, with the aim to resolve them promptly, and eliminate the need for escalation.
- Helping customers manage their subscriptions, this may include administration tasks such as subscription amendments, processing payments, changing treatments etc.
- To proactively log common customer enquiries and feedback on any noticeable patterns or trends where our service could be improved.
- Writing responses to Trustpilot reviews
- To participate in company and departmental brainstorming sessions, bringing your knowledge and experience of the customer experience department to suggest new ideas and process improvements.
- A genuine desire and excitement to work in Customer Experience and deliver exceptional service
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing role (e-commerce is a plus)
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience with CRM systems such as Freshdesk, Zendesk or similar.
- Experience with a variety of customer contact methods, email, telephone live chat.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Customer-centric, enthusiastic, and willing to get stuck into other tasks that may be required.
- Confident working in a remote setting, and has adequate uninterrupted working space at home to undertake the position.
Please send us your CV and a short reply to each of the questions below:
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- Provide an example of a moment of conflict with a customer and how you resolved this.
- What do you find interesting about the pet industry?
Please note that you will need to be UK-based and eligible to work in the country to apply.