Transreport Ltd is a technology company focusing on improving the passenger experience across multiple transport modes and geographies. As an organisation with its roots in UK Rail, Transreport has developed ground-breaking technologies to improve the health and safety of transport employees and passengers alike, whilst ensuring that the customer experience is central to how transport operators deliver their services.
At Transreport, we develop innovative technology solutions that make travel accessible for all. We are a young and driven team, passionate about our mission to develop technology that positively impacts society by working towards a much more equal travel experience for all.
We are well backed by two leading VC organisations, and we have also won financial awards from the Department of Transport in recognition of the innovation we are bringing to the UK transport sector.
Key aspects of our culture here at Transreport:
- Open and transparent, we share knowledge & experience, and encourage everyone to contribute so we can all learn together.
- We actively encouragement and support self-development
- We listen respectfully, ensuring everyone’s opinions are equally heard and carefully considered
- We all work together, collaborating effectively across teams, departments and locations.
- We strive for best-practice in all we do: treating our clients fairly and communicating transparently across colleagues, associates and business partners
About the Role
We are ideally looking for a post-graduate student with either a law degree or having completed the GDL and/or LPC, to join us as a paralegal within our Operations Team. The paralegal will work under our Legal and Compliance Manager and will handle a wide range of corporate, commercial and compliance work, which will support and contribute to the future of Transreport. To be successful, the candidate will need to be able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
With Transreport’s operations going global, the paralegal must be comfortable dealing with international contracts and agreements. Prior experience in this area would be an asset. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated law graduate to gain experience working for a the UK’s fastest growing accessibility technology company, that is expanding internationally and offers a high-level of responsibility from the outset.
We are looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible.
Please ensure you add a cover letter to the end of your CV, addressed to Mr. Jacob Bennett. The cover letter should include why you wish to join Transreport and any relevant skills/experience you may have which suit this role.
- undertake legal research and monitor different channels for any relevant legal changes
- will be comfortable dealing with both English law and international contracts and agreements
- review, draft and amend a wide range of commercial contracts
- review, draft and amend NDAs
- review, draft and amend internal policies
- manage our trademarks
- support HR with employment matters
- provide feedback to the senior managers and the wider team on legal queries
- liaise with external counsel where necessary
- compliance work, including handling subject access requests
What we are looking for:
- high attention to detail
- good commercial awareness
- strong written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrable ability to absorb complex information and present it to different audiences in a clear and accessible way
- comfortable taking initiative and working autonomously
- strong interpersonal skills, to work and build relationships with a range of people holding different views
- the ability to understand diverse perspectives and to be able to successfully influence and negotiate
- good organisation skills, to track priorities, work to deadlines and manage projects
- a flexible and adaptable approach, in order to respond to shifting priorities and a rapidly evolving external environment
- commitment and passion for improving the lives and experiences of citizens or for advancing a particular cause.
Desirable but not essential:
- experience with ISO accreditations (or other compliance accreditations)
- previous paralegal experience, in-house or otherwise
- experience with different legal systems
- additional language skills, especially Japanese and/or Korean.
Either an undergraduate law degree or the GDL, and ideally completion of the LPC in both circumstances.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Work From Home
- Free Flu Jab
- Discretionary Bonus (Dependant on organisational and individual performance)
- An opportunity to make real impact for the most vulnerable people in society
Location: London, UK
Salary: up to £27,500 per annum
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We are a disability confident employer and welcome applications from disabled candidates. We recognise that some candidates may require reasonable adjustments during the interview process and are committed to making these adjustments where needed.
Our goal is to create an inclusive and accessible workplace for all, and we value your unique perspective. We offer disabled applicants the option of requesting that their application is considered under the terms of our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). To be invited to interview or assessment under this scheme, you must show
- in your supporting statements that you meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- Simply complete the declaration below and send it with your application.
If you do not wish to apply under the GIS, but do require us to make reasonable adjustments at interview, then please let us know what those adjustments will be.
A request under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme does not guarantee you a job. At interview, the best candidate will be offered the post.
If you have any questions about the application process, please let us know.