The AI Quality and Performance Manager is critical to Arwen’s work, monitoring our AI auto-moderation system day-to-day, to ensure that it’s making accurate decisions for all our clients. Bringing extraordinary attention to detail, you will continually identify good and bad patterns in that decision making activity,, then work with the Data Science team to build and deliver a roadmap of improvements and refinements.
For our clients who pay for our Community Management service, you will also deliver those daily services - checking their suspect queues and making manual moderation choices on their behalf, reviewing their repeat offenders and moderating them.
This role would suit someone with a background in data science, trust and safety or machine learning, looking to build a career in one of a number of growing sectors: Trust & Safety, Social Media, and Artificial Intelligence.
Arwen AI Limited is a UK B2B marketing technology SaaS business on a mission to make social media more social.
We use AI to automatically detect and remove unwanted content from our customer’s social media channels, creating safe and inclusive online communities. These communities then experience better engagement and more profitable marketing outcomes. Arwen works across Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook and Instagram, is expert in detecting 25 different types of toxic and unwanted content, across 30 languages globally, automatically hiding them in under a second.
Arwen has won a strong customer base, protecting 425m+ users globally from spam, hate, toxicity, and other forms of unwanted content every second of every day. We have plans for significant growth in 2023 and 2024.
Arwen’s clients include ITV, Comic Relief and UK Infrastructure Program HS2 as well as sports teams like Mercedes AMG F1 Team, Oracle Red Bull F1 Team, BWT Alpine F1 Team, Crystal Palace FC, Fulham FC, Watford FC, Burnley FC & Northampton Saints RFC. Individuals using the service include The Right Hon. Steve Baker MP, former England footballer Michael Owen and comedian and actor Rosie Jones. Arwen’s work has been featured on Channel 4, Forbes, The Evening Standard and The Independent
- Manage quality assurance of our auto-moderation solution
- Run regular and frequent quality assurance checks on client accounts, reviewing Arwen’s detection and language performance against agreed criteria and thresholds
- Review performance reports and dashboards, to identify anomalies and irregular patterns
- When performance is below standard, or anomalies appear, liaise with the data science team to initiate improvements
- Make changes to client filter settings to enhance performance
- Track those initiatives through to closure, and evaluate their positive impact
- Manage communications with the customers as required, via others in the Customer Success team
- Deliver community moderation services for our key clients
- Twice daily, review and moderate suspect items identified by Arwen
- Monthly, review and moderate repeat problem users, as per client agreed protocol
- Maintain clear records
- A highly analytical mindset with a very strong eye for detail
- A very structured approach to work
- Always be looking for ways to improve things - never satisfied with ‘good enough’
- A passion for social media and the positive power it has in the world
- High data literacy, a logical approach and excellent Google Sheets / Slides / Docs skills
- A positive team player attitude
- Strong communication efficiently, both verbal and written
- A background in one or more of the following sectors: social media, artificial intelligence / machine learning, and trust and safety
- A qualification in data science or similar
- Competitive salary
- Laptop and all the hardware and software you need to do your work
- Staff share options scheme
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Casual dress code
- Pension scheme
- Yearly overnight company trip and quarterly local team activities (parties, fun activities, team building)
Role reports to:
Product & Service Director
Expected hours of work:
Part time - 20-28 hours per week. Potential to become full time as the business grows.
Work environment and travel:
We’re a hybrid business, valuing a combination of co-located and remote work. In the first few weeks, to help you settle in, we’ll work to a higher intensity of co-located work. However, once settled in you’ll be able to set your own hybrid patterns. We then work according to a routine of co-located and remote events to drive collaboration and build relationships.