Full Time, Remote-First Hybrid, £60k-£85k
At Reach Industries, we believe that scientists are solving some of the world's most pressing challenges, from combating climate change to developing vaccines and new treatments for diseases yet their tools are still poor. Our AI powered software platform, Lumi, automates operational data capture, insights and processes in labs, augmenting scientists so they can focus on the more creative aspects of their work. Lumi is versatile and is being applied across a wide range of life science industries, including in biotech and pharma.
We are a startup where the early team have a strong background in various frontier technologies and a deep love for making science better. We’ve already shipped a first version of the Lumi platform and we’ve received excellent feedback from early customers. We have very ambitious plans for Lumi ahead, so now we’re looking for a Senior Golang Backend Developer to become a vital part of our core team, assuring the robustness, security, and efficiency of our server-side logic, ensuring that our platform serves the complex needs of our scientific users.
As a Senior Golang Backend Developer, you'll be crucial in refining Lumi, our groundbreaking Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. Working in close coordination with our seasoned team, you'll fortify the platform's infrastructure, enhance core functionalities, and significantly contribute to our pioneering work in video streaming technologies. This opportunity marries technical challenges with creative problem-solving, directly impacting the evolution of industry-changing AI systems within the scientific community. As part of our team, you'll shape a tool that empowers scientists globally, opening new horizons for efficiency and innovation in scientific research.
- Develop and maintain server-side logic.
- Implement efficient, reusable, and reliable GoLang code.
- Work with Data pipelines, WebRTC, and Websockets for real-time video streaming and AI integrations.
- Design and maintain AWS-based solutions
- Handle Time Series data to ensure efficient data analysis and processing.
- Collaborate with front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives, design cohesive software strategies, and ensure seamless user experiences.
- Implement security and data protection measures.
- Take part in wider architectural discussions in helping determine how our products are built.
- Ensure all best practices are followed for data security
- At least five years of experience as a Backend Developer or similar role.
- Highly proficient in Golang and minor experience in Typescript and Node.
- Good working knowledge of AWS technologies( ECS, EC2, Lambdas, RDS, MSK, Cloud CDK)
- Experience with AI integration, data pipelines, and video streaming technologies.
- Working understanding of streaming technologies (WebRTC, WebSocket)
- Working knowledge of network security practices
- Experience using Docker and containerisation
- £60k-£85k salary depending on applicant experience and skill level.
- Workplace pension.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + company break during end of year..
- Stock Options scheme; it’s important to us that you feel a sense of ownership in the business and also benefit as we grow and succeed.
- Be part of a dynamic, collaborative, social and hard-working start-up that is building technology to have a positive impact on the world.
- Flexible work schedule, 8am – 10am start.
- Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials.
- Modern equipment to work with. Choose your technology set-up.
We founded Reach Industries to build tools that give scientists superpowers. If you are a Senior Golang Backend Developer who wants to join our mission, please get in touch!
A little more about Reach Industries
We thrive on being different, we encourage, support and celebrate diversity in the workplace and in all aspects of life. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who strives to ensure a balanced and measured approach to all aspects of employment. The decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on individual competence, performance, merit and business needs.
In a Post COVID-19 world, the increase in productivity and efficiency that our products will offer those at the forefront of humanity’s greatest challenges has become even more important and as you join us in building this company, we want this to be the best place you've ever worked; a fun environment where you will positively influence the culture and have the freedom and confidence to do your best work with the respect and trust of your colleagues.
The company is headquartered in Bristol, UK but we work via a remote-first hybrid model, which means you must be able to visit the office at least once a week or as needed.
Polite Recruiter Note: We currently do not wish to work with any external recruiters or agencies, please do not contact us at this stage as it will jeopardise any opportunity of working together in the future.