Legatics is one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups. Our legal transaction management platform enables law firms and their clients to collaborate on and close deals in an interactive online environment, providing clarity, reducing risk and saving time.
Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, King & Wood Mallesons and Shearman & Sterling. Legatics has been used globally on live transactions originating in more than 40 countries.
We are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide and to work with our customers to bring the way they manage deals into the 21st century.
We’re currently on a mission to make our business run more efficiently, become more profitable and to support our people whilst doing so. We are looking for someone with roughly a year’s experience to support our Head of People and the Ops function.
You’ll be working across a range of areas with a focus on People processes, such as on/offboarding, office management, hiring, culture, policies and events - this will be the majority of your role. You’ll also assist our Ops function with supporting other business areas, such as finance, systems and asset management.
You’ll report directly into the Head of People and will be able to own and improve the services for our staff and candidates from day 1. You’ll also work closely with an Ops Associate to support wider operational activity across the business.
If you’re a people person, eager to learn, like building collaborative relationships and getting involved in a bit of everything, this is the role for you.
What you would be doing
Working closely with the Head of People, the role would involve the following:
- Responsible for conducting and improving staff on / offboarding to ensure a seamless experience for our joiners and leavers.
- Assisting the Head of People across hiring procedures, from job postings and application reviews to talent acquisition, to reduce our recruiter fees, provide great candidate experiences and speed up new hires.
- Responsible for our training platform and ensuring training content is engaging, useful and aligns with our security certification requirements.
- Understanding the Legatics culture, being a champion of it and looking for improvement opportunities to improve retention.
- Getting people-related exposure for Legatics to sell us to new candidates via competitions and reviews.
- Assisting with the operations of review procedures and feedback to create an empowering and open feedback culture.
- Managing our visa licence and staff sponsorship.
- Managing our London office and co-working spaces in Europe, understanding the team’s needs for these (e.g. for hardware and utilities), fielding queries and making them great places to work.
- Understanding the pros and cons of hybrid working felt by the team and adapting policies and procedures as required.
- Running cultural initiatives and fun, inclusive events / socials that all staff can engage in and which strengthen the Legatics community.
- With Ops, managing our staff intranet and ensuring resources are up to date, engaging and accessible.
- With Ops and our Security teams, managing assets for staff in the office and at home to ensure a smooth device experience (e.g. laptop and phone set up), and assessing asset needs from a hiring and retention perspective.
- Supporting and backfilling on core Ops procedures as needed, such as with customer billing, payroll and hardware support.
- Continuously upskilling and looking for development opportunities through research and networking.
What we need from you
- ~1 year’s experience in a People or Operations role, ideally in a start-up or scale-up;
- A passion for building genuine, trusting relationships with a diverse team, and being a cultural champion;
- Strong communication and listening skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to prioritise and reassess tasks to meet deadlines and work efficiently:
- A proactive and self-motivated attitude, confident to take on responsibility quickly;
- A willingness and enthusiasm to take on new tasks and projects and upskill;
- A team player mindset, someone who enjoys working with others and pays attention to how decisions will impact other teams;
- Strong English communication and listening skills (spoken and written);
- A right to work in the UK (unfortunately, we are not in a position to support visa sponsorship at this stage); and
- An ability to work from our London office 1-2 days per week.
Bonus points for the following:
- Experience with recruiting, sourcing and interviewing candidates;
- Experience in the legaltech sector, and working with lawyers;
What we offer you:
- £30,000 - £35,000 base salary depending on experience
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays);
- Early Finish Fridays - on the last Friday of every month, we finish early!
- Pension with NEST;
- Personal Learning & Development budget;
- Lots of opportunities for accelerated professional development and career progression;
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to grow one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups;
- A warm, genuinely collaborative culture and an awesome team; and
- Regular socials.
Power in diversity
We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everyone loves. In order to make that a reality, we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that can empower our people to be creative, effective and innovative, to build a brand we are proud of.