Please note, candidates will only be considered if they have the right to work in the UK, have lived in the UK for at least 12 months and have at least 6 months experience in working for the NHS.
We are seeking a compassionate and skilledRegistered Nurses (RGN) with maternity experienceto join our dedicated team of nurses who fill temporary shifts across NHS trusts.
With Florenceyou get the freedom to choose when and where you work, across 100s of shifts in the NHS, plus youll receive excellent hourly pay rates. You can book NHS shifts in seconds and submit timesheets instantly without chasing signatures via our easy-to-use app its that simple.
Florence benefits include:
- Find the perfect work-life balance
- No hassle, no stress, no paperwork - manage all your shifts through our simple app
- Support from a friendly team
- Excellent pay rates & block bookings available
- Instant Pay option (paid 60% after your shift)
- Free security checks
- Free uniform
- Refer a friend program
- Unlimited free training and development - CPD accredited
- Clinical governance keeping you safe
- Revalidation support
93% of our healthcare professionals would recommend Florence.
Key Responsibilities - Registered Nurse (Maternity):
- Antenatal Care:Provide holistic care to pregnant women, conducting regular assessments, monitoring fetal growth, and addressing any concerns or complications.
- Labour and Delivery:Assist in childbirth by supporting women in labour, monitoring vital signs, providing pain relief measures, and collaborating with midwives and physicians.
- Postpartum Care:Offer post-delivery care to mothers and newborns, promoting maternal recovery, breastfeeding support, and newborn assessment.
- Newborn Care:Assess the health and well-being of newborns, provide necessary interventions, and educate parents on newborn care and infant feeding.
- Communication:Maintain open and compassionate communication with expectant mothers, their families, and the healthcare team to ensure informed decision-making and coordinated care.
- Documentation:Accurately document patient assessments, care plans, interventions, and outcomes in compliance with established protocols.
- Safety Measures:Implement infection control measures and adhere to best practices to ensure a safe and sterile environment for mothers and newborns.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education:Registered General Nurse (RGN) with a valid Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registration and relevant maternity experience.
- Maternity Expertise:Demonstrated experience in providing antenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum care within maternity units or obstetric settings.
- Clinical Competence:Strong understanding of maternal and newborn assessments, labour support techniques, breastfeeding support, and postpartum recovery.
- Empathy:Compassionate and patient-centred approach when caring for expectant mothers and newborns, understanding their emotional and physical needs.
- Communication:Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with expectant mothers, their families, and multidisciplinary team members.
- Team Collaboration:Proven ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team, contributing to seamless and coordinated patient care.
- Critical Thinking:Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to respond to changing patient conditions and unexpected situations.
Hours:Day & Night shifts available / Choose your own shifts
Contract:Agency / temporary
Role:Registered Nurse (Maternity)
If you are a dedicated and motivated Registered Nurse with maternity experience looking to contribute to the delivery of exceptional healthcare services, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our compassionate and dynamic team.
*Survey of 722 Florence healthcare professionals Nov 2023