We’re on a mission to make the switch to sustainable transport and energy faster, easier and more affordable. We use our own technology stack, data smarts and industry knowledge to build a game-changing capability. Our intelligent energy platform helps our customers access renewable energy, understand consumer behaviour, and powers smart charging for EVs. The worlds of energy and transport are colliding and Ohme is at the heart of this new paradigm. By using technology and data integrations to connect cars, chargers, people, energy providers and more, Ohme has a powerful platform that puts the consumer at the core. Ohme has been selling its chargers to consumers since mid-2019 and has had exponential growth since. We are now operating in multiple countries and have partnerships with the likes of Octopus Energy, Volkswagen, Motability, Volvo Belux and other innovative brands. We are scaling up the business and are building out the team for rapid growth. If you’re interested joining a fast-growing cleantech venture on a journey speed up the global transition to clean energy, read on!
We are looking for a Head of Customer Care to join our team. You will lead a team and manage all aspects of aftercare customer support for our EV charging products. This will incorporate core support functions including customer care, technical support, and complaints. As large and growing team, you will be responsible for resource planning, driving efficiency, KPI definition and monitoring, coaching, and driving team motivation. You will be focused on delivering an exceptional customer service experience. You will ensure excellent service standards and maintain our industry-leading customer satisfactions scores. You will use technology and metrics to drive efficiency, enabling this team to scale. This role reports to the Director of Customer Experience and will manage a team of number of individuals at varying levels.
What we want in your first 6 months at Ohme:
- Through comprehensive analysis, develop a plan for scaling the team with ever-increasing customer base
- Optimise our existing processes to better serve our customers
- Develop/refine weekly and monthly performance reporting for the customer care team
- Proactively identify common issues and identify processes and resources to eliminate or reduce the impact of these issues
- Drive employee satisfaction by holding regular 1:1s and coaching sessions
- Coach team members to deliver across all major KPIs
- Be a champion for our customers and ensure that everyone receives exceptional service
- Be the customer guide and support them with their product engagement
- Manage a team of highly empathetic and efficient customer care representatives who are continuously finding new ways to pre-empt potential customer issues and quickly troubleshoot problems
- Multi-market mindset: Experience managing teams across multiple markets and languages
- Process oriented: Understand how leveraging technology and streamlining processes can delivery a more responsive and agile team.
- Technically minded: Experience in leading customer service teams for a technical product or service.
- Metrics driven: Understand the metrics that drive a positive customer experience and understand what tactics and strategies can influence them.
- Accountability oriented: Experience in holding team members to account to specific targets and provide coaching should they fall short.
- Resilient: Comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced/high-growth environments.
- Leader: Experience leading large teams and delivering on organisational objectives.
- Decisive and empathetic: Lead your team by being an active listener and problem solver, ensure the customers’ needs are always being met.
- Customer Obsessed - The customer is at the heart of everything we do
- Brave - We try new things and lead through possibility
- Collaborative - We believe our success is built on strong relationships
- Do Good - We care about people and the environment
- Progressive - We innovate, disrupt and are always learning
You’ll get to work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing scale-up with global ambitions that is cutting edge, passionate about sustainability and seeks to make the world a better place. You have the opportunity to craft a talent strategy and build a talent function.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Hybrid office (Office-based with the option to work 1 or 2 days remotely)
- Beautiful central London office
- Private Health Insurance
- Aegon Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme with death in service benefit of 4x salary
- Income Protection Scheme for long term illness
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Payroll Giving Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan to spread cost of travel over 12 months
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the heart of what we do and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We actively seek out a diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed and to feel included.