Who are Seat Unique
Seat Unique is dedicated to helping fans get VIP access to the best sports, music and cultural events. We’re proud to be the premium ticketing marketplace working with some of the biggest and most prestigious clubs & venues including the Welsh Rugby Union, Yorkshire Cricket, Hampshire Cricket and York Racecourse.
We are experts in digital transformation. We provide clubs and venues with the technology that brings all aspects of the hospitality booking process online, improving the customer experience and giving fans 24/7 access to premium experiences.
Our brand partnerships have grown significantly over the past six months. We now exclusively power hospitality and premium ticket sales through 40+ direct partnerships, and work officially with hundreds more.
Who we’re looking for
As Seat Unique continues its current growth phase, we're looking for a technically strong Finance Manager who will be a cornerstone of our finance function. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the integrity and accuracy of our financial data while creating and continuously improving sustainable and scalable processes and controls. This role will be reporting to the Head of Finance and will ultimately take responsibility for operational finance.
- Management Accounts: Prepare monthly management accounts in a timely manner including variance analysis and commentary.
- Revenue Recognition and reconciliation: Ensure accuracy of sales and profit numbers with the wider commercial team.
- Year-End Financial Statements: Lead the year-end financial statement preparation process with our external accountants and ensure timely and accurate filing in compliance with relevant regulations.
- VAT and Tax Compliance: Handle all aspects of VAT and tax preparation and filing, ensuring compliance with relevant tax regulations and identifying opportunities for tax optimisation including R&D tax credits.
- Working Capital and Cash Flow management: Manage working capital effectively and oversee cash flow, maintaining liquidity and providing regular updates to support decision-making.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Provide insight and analysis for the yearly financial budget and quarterly reforecasts.
- Team Management: Supervise and develop junior members of the finance team, providing guidance and support to ensure the finance team operates efficiently.
- A passion for live events
- Qualified Accountant (ACA preferred)
- Previous experience in audit is preferred.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Proficiency in financial reporting and analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
Nice to have
- Previous experience working in the live entertainment or hospitality industry
- Xero and Salesforce experience
- Inventory management experience
- Access to VIP experiences at live events
- Becoming part of a passionate and fast-growing company
- Salary range of £50k-£60K (based on experience)
- Participation in Company share option scheme
- Monthly incentive programme
- Development programme
- Pension and cycle to work scheme
- Fun and dynamic working environment