We’re a commercial motor insurer on a mission to save people time and money. From nationwide taxi fleets to self-employed scooter delivery riders, our customers are our driving force. We’re making insurance fairer and more human for every one of them.
When we started back in 2016, we knew that traditional insurance held businesses back. It was too complicated, too expensive and too time-consuming. So we set out to change things, building insurance solutions that empower professional drivers throughout the UK and Europe.
So far, we’ve raised over $200 million in funding. We’ve grown from a scrappy start-up into an industry-changing organization, and there’s plenty more to come.
That’s where you come in...
The mission of our FP&A is to provide insights and understanding that enhances decision making across Zego. Our finance team is looking for an experienced Senior FP&A Analyst who will play a key role in building out the new commercial finance function as we continue to scale and innovate rapidly.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A the Senior FP&A Analyst will support the growth and development of the wider team and will be partnering with various business unit leaders to help them make informed commercial decisions and be responsible for establishing budget, trend analysis, forecast and reporting cycles - including executive reporting, capital and cash planning. Therefore strong communication and stakeholder management skills are essential.
This is a great opportunity for a FP&A professional who would like to work with a disruptive company, thrives working in a fast-paced environment, is hands-on and has an appetite for detail and building automation allowing time for analysis and value add activities.
As a Senior FP&A Analyst
● Developing management information (financial and non-financial) and associated reporting processes
● Business partnering key stakeholders
● Building reporting and budget/forecast models and fundraising models (including headcount models)
● Establishing budget, forecast and reporting cycles - including executive reporting and establishing capital and cash planning.
● Engaging with product owners and commercial teams on new product initiatives, pricing and other similar commercial finance activities
● Participate in financial modelling and due diligence efforts in respect of the company opening in new markets
What you will need to be successful
● Proven track record of strong business partnering and a commercial finance approach
● Strong knowledge of the accounting and regulatory frameworks and application in a commercial environment
● Experience in a financial services company ideally fintech is desirable however not essential
● Experience in supporting equity and debt fundraising over multiple rounds
● Experience with building FP&A models and systems - with EPM experience an added benefit
● Experience in M&A/Transaction services/VC and supported an EPM integration (Planful, Anaplan, Adaptive) is desirable
How we work
We believe that teams work better when they have time to collaborate and space to get things done. We call it Zego Hybrid.
Our hybrid way of working is unique. We don't mandate fixed office days. Instead, we foster a flexible approach that empowers every Zegon to perform at their best. We ask you to spend at least one day a week in our central London office (next to Liverpool Street). You have the flexibility to choose the day that works best for you and your team. We cover the costs for all company-wide events (3 per year), and also provide a separate hybrid contribution to help pay towards other travel costs.
We think it’s a good mix of collaborative face time and flexible home-working, setting us up to achieve the right balance between work and life.
What you’ll get
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.