Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
We’re looking for a Payments Operations Advisor to help drive the day-to-day B2B2C payments capability across our marketplace platform. This role is perfect for someone who has strong customer service / experience and ideally knowledge of the payments process. Responsibilities include;
- Carrying out calls with Dealers and Sellers to resolve payments and purchasing issues
- Monitoring and facilitating the payments processing journey to ensure payments are securely and accurately made in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and managing the payment support ticketing queue to ensure timely response and resolution of inbound support tickets
- Completing work orders including approving, creating, tracking, and monitoring outbound payments to Sellers and Financial Institutions.
- Supporting the administration of our Payment Capability, enabling us to operate efficiently and securely.
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- Responding to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical or operational support from our Dealers, Sellers and financial institutions
- Identifying, researching, and resolving customer technical, operational, or procedural problems
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Producing reports on the Payments Journey and Process.
- Experience operating under a regulated environment
- Understanding of e-commerce (ideally marketplace) payment solutions
- Ability to coordinate and work with multiple teams to support payment processing
- Task oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- An ability to clearly and concisely communicate with clients and your teammates across multiple departments
- Proactive with a strong bias for action
- Experience of payment operations, banking or finance procedures.
- Experience with Modulr
- Experience of operating under payments compliance (PSD2, AML, PCI DSS)
- Prior experience of supporting the operations of Payments team and working with PSPs
What you'll get:
- Opportunity to work in a vibrant, fun team
- Support and guidance from payments specialists
- Strong career path in the payments function
- A competitive salary.
- Annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Regular social events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup and build products that will change an industry.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.