Created in 2019, EICL was the UK’s first ever insurtech to secure its own insurance licence. Authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission, we provide underwriting capacity to the group MGA, Zego, for commercial motor customers in the UK.
Trailerblazers, industry disruptors, game changers. Whatever you call us, we’re setting a new standard for insurance, and helping businesses to reach their full potential along the way.
As EICL’s Portfolio Management Lead, you will support EICL’s MD and Board of Directors with actuarial and statistical insights into the performance of EICL’s portfolios and be a key member of the management team.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Build and implement a suite of portfolio management tools and provide analytical input, identifying segments for pricing and underwriting actions to optimise portfolio performance.
- Analysis of key indicators and challenge assumptions feeding into the annual business planning process and forecasting.
- Challenge and provide detailed feedback to the group MGA pricing actuaries and underwriters on pricing and performance.
- Lead the data analysis and presentation of actuarial performance insights for the placement and/or renewal of key reinsurance programs.
- Manage risks or controls for the actuarial function as detailed in the risk register.
- Oversee and manage the relationship with external actuarial vendors, providing challenge to quarterly reserve reviews
- Ownership of the Solvency Capital reporting requirements and support the Risk Management team with the completion of the ORSA, SFCR, RSR, quarterly and annual quantitative reporting templates and including engagement with the regulator
- Attend the Board of Directors meetings, relevant committees and monthly business review meetings, providing actuarial insights and challenge.
- Be the Regulated Individual for the Actuarial Function Holder position with the regulator.
What you will need to successful in the role
- A qualified or part-qualified actuary, you have 5 years or more experience in UK motor personal and commercial lines. Experience in European motor is a bonus.
- You’re a proven leader; managing vendors as well as direct and virtual teams to high performance while supporting and raising the bar of performance in your peer group.
- You excel at communicating.
- Advanced skills in data analysis and manipulation, using statistical software.
- You are comfortable navigating shifting priorities.
- You demonstrate value through building data-driven relationships with third parties.
- You are an excellent communicator, confident articulating your ideas and perspectives individually and across the organisation.
- You are analytical and able to draw extensive insights from qualitative and quantitative data.
- You are commercially savvy and enjoy the challenge of adapting to the evolving needs of an ambitious, high-growth business.