Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with loads of opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join us at INSHUR; we are based in sunny Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included) and we split our working between home and the office (hybrid working) which typically includes working from our Brighton office at least once a Month.
You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories including the UK, US, Europe and new regions as we expand.
Supported by (and reporting to) the Principal DevOps Engineer you'll be joining a friendly team of 4 who believe in DevOps being responsible for the framework which underpins our software development teams, with our collective goal being to deliver high-quality INSHUR products to our customers.
What you'll do
As a Senior DevOps Engineer and a key member of the Infrastructure Team, you will collaborate with and report directly to the Principal DevOps Engineer. As part of our specialized team of 4, our core responsibilities encompass monitoring, automation, and security of our underlying infrastructure. We not only value DevOps skills but also actively support the Platform Team in platform architecture and software delivery initiatives. Our ultimate aim is to provide a strong foundation that ensures the consistent and high-quality delivery of INSHUR products to our customers.
We don’t have a definite checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Subscribe to Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles and have experience with Terraform
- Can write Python and enjoy building bespoke tooling
- Know your way around a cloud platform whether it’s AWS, Azure or GCP
- Are familiar with service-oriented/microservice-based architecture.
- Are confident with logging, metrics, and monitoring systems, and understand the importance of insight and visibility into application behavior and performance
- Understand the value of security without compromising on usability.
- Are passionate about technology and super keen on finding best way to solve complex problems
Your colleagues say you:
- Are a collaborative team player
- Always supportive and helpful
- Pragmatic and known to be able to prioritise tasks well
- A thought leader around IaC and Automation
Things we’ve been working on recently (and you’ll likely be working on too):
- Managing Kubernetes at scale
- IaC best practices with Terraform
- CI/CD build and deployment pipelines
- Application and cloud security
- Managing an International platform
- Python tooling and services
- Monitoring and visibility
- Performance testing
- Building deployment tooling to support cross-functional projects
What we offer
Our budget for this role is up to £90,000 salary, We will take into account any previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Up to 13 weeks of parental leave at full pay, regardless of your gender
- Flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top-of-the-range kit, and any software you need.
INSHUR is the fastest-growing global provider of insurance for the on-demand economy, making coverage fair and accessible for drivers.
Cutting-edge technology underpins our revolutionary offering for on-demand drivers, keeping premiums affordable and delivering results for partners. With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we’ve been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
We completed our B1 funding as well as the acquisition of American Business Insurance in 2023. We have exciting plans to continue growing our portfolio and product lines and expand to new territories in the future.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The well-being of our teammates and the people around us
And… Enjoying the ride!
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.