Carmoola is a rapidly growing fintech car finance lender and we’re on a mission to empower customers to save money and have the best possible experience when financing a car. Following a successful launch of the business, we are now growing out our marketing team. There is now an amazing opportunity for someone to come in and lead our SEO efforts.
Carmoola is a fully automated direct-to-consumer car finance lender. We have raised over £100M+ and are backed by some of the world’s leading investors. Having just closed our Series A funding round and senior debt facility we are now focused on scaling the business.
Your role in our mission
In the sea of online businesses, visibility is vital. As our dedicated Head of SEO, your role will be pivotal in enhancing Carmoola's digital footprint, driving organic growth, and ensuring that we rank competitively for our top target keywords.
You'll be the owner for all things SEO at Carmoola, responsible for growing organic traffic to our website. You will have a proven track record of building SEO strategies from the ground-up, with experience across all of the core elements, from technical best practice, developing targeted content and keyword strategies, through to digital PR campaigns and backlinking strategies. While you will predominantly work solo, you will have the flexibility to collaborate with freelancers and agency partners as required, especially in areas like technical SEO and developing high-quality expert-led content, to ensure Carmoola's SEO strategy is comprehensive and impactful.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement robust SEO strategies, that deliver increased organic visibility and traffic growth.
- Define and lead the SEO roadmap, establishing a technical workstream into our product teams to maintain and establish SEO best practices.
- Conducting regular SEO audits to deep dive our content and backlink profiles, to drive a range of solutions and continuous optimisations.
- Utilise tools such as SEMRush, Hubspot, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs and Google Search Console to track, analyse, and optimize our digital presence.
- Oversee all areas of SEO, including on-page, off-page, and technical aspects.
- Collaborate with the Head of PR on backlink strategies, and independently manage non-PR backlinks.
- Regular research of the competitive landscape and trends within our industry to drive internal insights and new opportunities.
- Produce regular reports showcasing performance metrics like rank, impressions, and clicks for our top target keywords and core pages.
- Maintain expertise and leadership on algorithm changes and SEO changes.
Need to haves
- Proven experience in SEO, showcasing successful strategies and results.
- Proficiency in tools such as SEMRush, Hubspot, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs and Google Search Console.
- Comprehensive understanding of the entire SEO landscape including on-page, off-page, and technical SEO.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to derive insights from data and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Autonomous worker with the ability to manage projects solo, yet collaborative when needed.
- Analytical thinker, focused on data-driven results.
- Adaptable and proactive in keeping up with the ever-changing world of SEO.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Growth mindset, proactively investing in themselves to improve and develop their skills and taking steps to stay on top of the latest trends in leading digital businesses.
What's in for you
- Competitive salary range of £80k - £100k.
- Opportunity to play a foundational role in a thriving fintech start-up.
- Dynamic and vibrant working environment in our Primrose Hill office.
- Flexibility to shape and own the SEO domain at Carmoola.
We're committed to broadening our team's horizons, and while we're in the traditionally male-dominated space of car finance, we particularly welcome applications from women and those from underrepresented backgrounds. Your perspective is invaluable. Join us in revolutionising car finance!