As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you'll play a critical role in expanding our platform globally. We're looking for someone passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex security challenges. You'll architect systems end-to-end, guide junior developers, and collaborate closely with product, security, and UI/UX teams.
Our engineers care deeply about security, value innovation, and know the right technology can transform access to cybersecurity.
We are looking for someone to join our team to take ownership of that change and what that means for the engineering team in the company. We are at an early stage with this and require an innovative mind to guide this as we move forward.
This position key supports our mission by allowing us to deliver effective, stable & secure changes to take our Product to the next level.
You will achieve success in this position by...
- Web and REST API Development: Develop, optimise, and maintain web applications and REST APIs that are utilised by the CyberSmart Active Protect application.
- Collaborate and Lead: Work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to define feature specifications and develop high-quality deliverables.
- Lead technical decision-making and aid in the mentoring of junior engineers.
- Testing and Quality Assurance: Create, execute, and maintain testing strategies, including unit tests, integration tests, and REST API tests to ensure the robustness, reliability, and general quality of all software components.
- System Architecture: Architect, build, and scale the backend infrastructure and REST APIs to support the company's growth. Implement best practices to ensure system security.
Hard facts about your experience & background...
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in building production-grade software or web applications, with a strong focus on crafting clean, well-designed, and scalable code.
- Proven proficiency in Django framework.
- Practical knowledge of modern frontend frameworks, such as VanillaJ.S
- Solid understanding of back-end systems and RESTful architectures.
- Demonstrated track record of designing and implementing high-performance services that are scalable and highly available.
- At least 2 years of experience in designing scalable relational and NoSQL databases, such as DynamoDB and Redis.
- Comprehensive understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, preferably AWS.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment with a product-led company, within a continuous delivery lifecycle.
- Experience working effectively in a remote team setup.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Appreciates the diversity of thought and individualism among team members worldwide, embracing diversity and inclusivity in your work approach and within the CyberSmart community.
What we offer…
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays
- Employee equity options
- Pension Scheme
- Access to Perks: discounts that save you money in the places you shop the most
- Learning and personal development annual grant (£2,000)
- Personal development annual grant (up to £500)
- Home working allowance (up to £500)
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Regular team breakfasts and lunches
- Full access to our Mental Health & Wellbeing Network, Spill
- The company organizes activities approximately every quarter.
- A great, friendly team, who work to support each other
- Beautiful workspace in Shoreditch- flooded with natural light, filled with plants, free tea and (good) coffee
- The latest Apple technology to keep you productive. Our office has dual-screen workstations and for home working, we will support you with the necessary equipment to be your best wherever you are
If you share our purpose, let's realize it together. Apply now and join our mission to make robust protection effortless so everyone can thrive online.
At CyberSmart, we prioritize inclusivity. We value diversity in backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, believing it enriches our workplace for our employees, customers, and partners. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and guarantee interviews for disabled candidates who meet the job requirements outlined in the description. We're open to accommodating your needs during the interview process and within our office at Second Home, Shoreditch, which offers full accessibility, designated spaces for breastfeeding and prayer, and quiet, soundproof hubs for those seeking a tranquil workspace. Your well-being and inclusion are important to us.