This is a remote position.
Toptal is changing the way that companies build their teams with a global, remote network focused exclusively on top talent. We reject more than 97% of the Developers, Designers, and others who apply to become part of our network, allowing us to match clients with better talent faster than anyone else. Our proprietary tools and systems drive a differentiated talent acquisition experience, and we continue to push our frontier from staff augmentation to project-based services work.
If you have a relentless commitment to quality and are impatient with the typical pace of progress, Toptal offers a different kind of place to build a career. Our team is direct, data-driven, and hyper-focused on results. We have a bias for action in identifying and solving problems and believe that effective collaboration is a prerequisite for achieving anything meaningful. The pandemic trend toward remote work bent the shape of Toptal’s growth curve sharply upward, and we are confident that our quality-focused model will allow us to capture an increasing share of a massive addressable market. Come grow with us as we build a new way for companies to find and work with the world’s top talent on demand.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
As the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, you will play a pivotal role in driving Toptal’s growth through the creation of high-impact commercial partnerships and the actualization of significant revenue. Working closely with our Senior and Executive Leaders, you will drive our partnership strategy while showcasing your expertise in building transformative alliances.
Your primary objective will be to drive revenue-generating commercial relationships with top tier technology companies. This includes building on our existing partnerships with leading providers, identifying opportunities for mergers & acquisitions, cultivating new partnerships, and exploring strategic alliances within the broader technology landscape. By leveraging your commercial and entrepreneurial experience, you will drive Toptal’s growth through these partnerships.
As the driving force behind our Partnerships team, you will define clear success metrics and guide your team in implementing the strategies you outline. You will define the framework for how our partnership strategy will operate at Toptal. You will identify the areas of highest opportunity and leverage your strategic prowess to build comprehensive strategies, while simultaneously scaling the infrastructure required for execution, including the optimization of people, processes, and systems. Collaborating with cross-functional partners, you will establish robust analytics and feedback loops to continuously iterate on your initial strategy, ensuring constant refinement and improvement.
This highly visible position demands a leader with exceptional communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and an unwavering commitment to driving revenue growth through strategic partnerships. If you are passionate about building high-impact commercial relationships and transforming them into substantial revenue opportunities, we encourage you to join our team and be at the forefront of Toptal’s continued success.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Learn about existing partnerships and business development initiatives.
In the first month, expect to:
- Combine outside research with internal conversations and analysis to begin redefining the strategy for partnerships and alliances at Toptal.
- Understand our go-to-market model across SMB and Enterprise, and be able to articulate Toptal’s capabilities and differentiators.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have constructed a well-defined framework for executing on our partnerships strategy that allows Toptal to systematically acquire more partnerships that generate meaningful revenue.
- Start executing your partnership strategy leveraging the existing Partnerships team as well as cross-functional support from Sales, Legal, and others.
- Negotiate contracts with new partners, work collaboratively with account teams and clients, and help them take advantage of the resources available through partners.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Have executed the first stages of your partnership strategy and shown material growth in the number of deals and accounts where partner leads, funding, etc. have fueled success.
- Become deeply embedded in the standard go-to-market playbook for both SMB and Enterprise clients, participating in account planning exercises, industry events, and multiple client conversations per week.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have broadened the reach of Toptal’s partnerships model to encompass additional technology solutions beyond cloud and payments (e.g., systems integration).
- Add new members to the Partnerships team in order to deepen existing relationships with key partners and enhance internal sales capabilities.
- Be able to look back on consecutive quarters of growth in terms of the direct and indirect impacts that partnerships have had on revenue through the lens of robust reporting and analytics.
- Minimum 10+ years combined business operations and consulting experience, with experience at a technology or hyper-growth company strongly preferred.
- 2-5 years of management consulting experience at a top-tier firm (e.g., McKinsey, Bain, BCG) with experience across both strategy and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field preferred.
- Leadership experience, including responsibility for business results in a fast-paced, multi-function environment.
- Experience establishing high-impact, revenue-generating commercial relationships.
- Experience identifying opportunities for mergers and acquisitions is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in, or entrepreneurial experience that is commensurate to, building and executing partnership strategies from scratch.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Good communication is at the core of everything we do, and you must be a strong communicator able to work with a wide range of stakeholders from senior executives to individual contributors.
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented. You are hyper-organized, know how to work efficiently, and prioritize execution, as well as mentor others to do the same.
- Adaptable. Comfortable managing changing priorities, learning new skills, and building consensus across varied senior stakeholder groups.
- Ownership. You are a dependable leader who takes responsibility for your success as well as the success of the entire team.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
The US-based salary range for this full-time position is $230,000 - $330,000 per year. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
This position is also eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Please note that the US-based salary range does not include the value of Toptal’s benefit offerings. In the US, Toptal’s benefit offerings include participation in a 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contributions; medical, dental, and vision insurance plans in which Toptal pays 100% of the premiums for an employee’s coverage; basic life insurance coverage; short-term and long-term disability coverage; flexible spending accounts, including dependent care and health savings accounts, access to telehealth virtual doctors, an employee assistance program, and flexible paid time off.