Who we are, what we do & why we do it:
We are Dext, the market leader in accounting & bookkeeping automation software, trusted by over 1 million Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) worldwide. We serve accountants, bookkeepers and SMBs (through their accountants or increasingly directly via e-commerce).
Our suite of tools makes accountants more productive, profitable and powerful. In doing so we give them back the most precious commodity, time, which they can use to add greater value to their clients.
We are now seeking a Strategy Manager reporting to our VP of Growth, an ex-Bain & Co Associate Partner with vast experience in Fintech, SaaS and Commercial Growth. This role sits in the Commercial Structure of Dext, with the VP of Growth owning full P&L responsibilities for the Direct business unit (selling directly to SMBs).
This position could act as an outstanding spring-board into a future role taking full P&L responsibilities, and is therefore a fabulous opportunity with aspirations to further their commercial skills within one of the world's leading FinTech solution providers.
The role - what you’ll do as a Strategy Manager:
Join our dynamic team as a Strategy Manager, where you'll play a pivotal role in shaping the commercial future of the Direct business unit (selling directly to SMBs). Collaborating closely with our VP of Growth and other key cross-functional teams such as Growth Product and Marketing, you'll be at the forefront of uncovering new growth opportunities, driving revenue, charting the commercial path and setting strategic initiatives.
- Strategic Insights & Analysis:
- Review market trends to understand and forecast market potential
- Analyse customer usage analytics to gather insights on how they engage with our product, informing our strategic direction
- Review monthly business performance and identify quick actions to course correct and big bets for long term success
- Business Strategy and Planning
- Define and regularly update the business unit strategy in a data-driven approach, in collaboration with the country GMs
- Work with product and marketing to design and launch experiments that can drive revenue growth
- Work alongside the finance team for budgeting, revenue forecasting, and estimating potential investments.
-Commercial strategy and value proposition
- Design the pricing strategy aligned with our business objectives in collaboration with the pricing team
- Define the broader value proposition and how the product offering will evolve for SMBs
- Cross-Team Collaboration and Initiatives driving:
- Partner with the product and marketing teams to set strategic initiatives into practice
- Ensure that the commercial strategy aligns with the broader business objectives by engaging with the various stakeholders, and getting them on board
-Presentation and Communication
- Communicate insights and learnings to key stakeholders, and leverage their inputs to enhance outputs (including board updates)
About you - what we are looking for:
Below are our ideal requirements, but we hire on potential, not just on experience, and we know that some people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. At Dext we are committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies. You can read more about our Diversity & Inclusion commitments here.
- Strong background in data analysis / modelling and insights generation
- Business analysis and strategic planning;
- Presentation skills;
- Databases (like SQL) and Web analytics (like GA Mixpanel) would be a plus;
- A logical thinker who can quickly digest information and identify the root of a problem.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Prior consulting experience (minimum 3 years) at a top tier consulting firm
- Experience in a high-growth tech or SaaS company is a plus;
- Experience in the FinTech and financial services space is a plus.
- Commercial mindset and strong business judgement;
- Growth mindset;
- Ability to hit the ground running and operate independently;
- Strong interpersonal skills, can build productive relationships with different stakeholders.
What we will give you - the perks:
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working
- 25 days off plus bank holidays volunteering days, summer hours and a day off the week of your birthday;
- Employer-paid private medical insurance and health cash plan (Medicash - reloadable shopping cards, cinema ticket discounts, online discounts and more!);
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to the Learnably platform where you can spend your annual L&D allowance - https://www.learnerbly.com/;
- Payroll giving;
- Income protection;
- Mental health support through Help@Hand.
See who you would be reporting to linkedin.com/in/tracy-jawhar-24566048