Technical Writer at Carebit
Carebit is a company that provides digital solutions to private healthcare professionals in the UK. Our goal is to create easy-to-use medical software that simplifies complicated tasks and makes practices more efficient. Our customers include cancer experts, consultants, advanced nurse practitioners, physiotherapists, secretaries, and other medical staff.
Initially, Carebit was created as an internal tool by a surgeon's son, who is a software developer. Since then, our business has grown through word-of-mouth, and loyal customers give us valuable feedback. We have tripled our revenue in 2022 and are now hiring a Technical Writer to join our team.
The Technical Writer will create clear and concise documentation for our products and technical processes. This work will help our users, which include healthcare professionals and partners, understand and use our products and services effectively. We are passionate about creating a world-class Support Section; refining, maintaining and improving this asset will be your first project!
We welcome applicants who meet the criteria and invite you to respond with a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for the job.
This fully remote position would be suitable for someone who is well-organised, analytical and understands the importance of good communication in any form. If you think this describes you, we would love to hear from you!
- Create and maintain user manuals, product documentation, and technical specifications.
- Translate complex technical information into clear, easy-to-understand documentation for a wide range of users.
- Review and update existing documentation to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Work closely with the development team to validate product documentation against the actual product functionality.
- Communicate updates internally and externally to ensure all stakeholders remain informed.
- Continuously improve documentation processes and standards.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in technical writing.
- Proven experience as a Technical Writer with a strong portfolio of technical documentation.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in using documentation tools such as Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and markdown.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality; we expect excellence and proactivity.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple documentation projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience in healthcare technology or a related industry is a plus.
- Salary in the range of £34k-38k + discretionary annual bonus
- Fully remote within 4 hours of UTC (if UK-based, we usually meet up in London every 2-3 months)
- Equipment you need to do your best work, such as a laptop, additional monitor, etc.