Shuffle is the payment card everyone wants, but no one has built.
Shuffle maximises your rewards on day to day purchases without forcing you to get a credit card. Rewards are applied instantly and automatically. No more opt-ins, code copying, or voucher scanning.
Help us build the payment card we’ve wanted since forever.
Join Shuffle as our first product designer. You’ll shape the look, feel and user experience of our app from scratch. This is an unparalleled opportunity to leave your mark from defining our design system to designing a new fintech for millions of people.
Responsibilities - What you’ll be doing
- Conduct user research, including sourcing and interviewing, to gain a deep understanding of our target audience's needs and preferences - this will be the main focus for the first quarter.
- Conceptualise and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent app designs using tools like Figma - You will have full ownership.
- Define and implement a comprehensive design system, establishing guidelines for colours, typography, layouts, and more.
- Utilise user insights to inform design decisions and iterate on designs based on user feedback and usability testing.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure designs are feasible and implemented accurately.
- Drive and participate in design reviews, critiques, and ideation sessions.
- Work closely with the rest of the founding team to build the best possible product for millions of financially savvy consumers in the UK.
Skills and qualifications
- Professional experience (3 years plus) as a product designer building new products from scratch within fast paced environment
- Strong portfolio showcasing user experience and visual designs for mobile applications
- Experience with wireframing, usability testing, and prototyping
- Experience in conducting user research and translating insights into design decisions.
- Proficiency in design software, specifically Figma
- Ability to develop creative assets for marketing
- Excitement to take full ownership of product design and ability to design and prototype new and creative approaches to complex design problems
And ideally you…
- Have domain knowledge in consumer fintech (e.g. banking, payments, cards)
- Work independently and have a preference to action-oriented behaviour with just enough analysis, as compared to too much time spent doing analysis with no action
- Passionate about the impact of your work
- You have started a project from scratch. You might have led a project, been a founder previously, or built an impressive side project
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies.
What is the hiring process?
We trying to make the hiring process as transparent as possible. Our aim is to make sure we’re the right place for you to do amazing things. Our interview process normally involves 4 main stages:
Stage 1: Initial call with co-founder (30 mins) First off we’d love to chat to find out more about you and to tell you more about us. This usually happens over a video call.
Stage 2: Face-to-face or video interview (1.5 hours): We’ll run through two 45-minute interviews to learn more about how you work. This will also be a great opportunity for you to meet the people you might be working with.
- Experience interview: We’ll deep dive into your CV and talk about your past experiences & your technical knowledge. Depending on your experience, this may also involve a home task or pair coding exercise.
- Values interview: We want to learn more about how you work - we’ll ask you questions related to our principles.
Stage 3: Design Exercise (60 min) We'll work through a design exercise which often involves an hour preparation followed by a discussed
Stage 4: Get some food or drinks To close off the interview process we want to first off thank you for all the time you’ve invested in getting to know us.
Visa sponsorship not available at the moment