Co-founder and CTO - Health Tech
Scrupulous AI is developing a intelligent assistant to save time for doctors. Combining political will, societal need and technological ability we will increase the efficiency of healthcare in the UK.
The team currently consists of 1 medically qualified co-founder looking to partner with a technical co-founder and together create and AI driven assistant to increase productivity of medical staff.
The CTO will create, inspire and lead the technical side of the organisation. You should be at a stage in your career looking to test your skills and be up for the challenge of starting a company.
As the CTO/tech lead of this business, you will:
- Work with the co-founders in defining the functionality and iterating on product features.
- Have complete autonomy to make tech and engineering decisions.
- Be fully embedded in the process following the lean start-up methodology - build / measure / learn.
- Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance and maintenance.
To succeed, you’ll demonstrate:
- Entrepreneurial spirit - able to act in uncertainty, biased towards action and an optimistic outlook.
- Maintain a strong network presence within communities of data engineering networks, foster innovation and partnerships.
- An in-depth knowledge of AI / Machine Learning, Voice to text technology & APIs.
- Experience with backend infrastructure, interactive applications, cloud services and customer-facing interfaces.
- Previous evidence of working on health data and understanding the privacy and security requirements. NHS experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Leadership qualities of authority, integrity and humility with a collaborative mindset, willing to engage effectively with a growing team.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, have strong opinions, weakly held and see failure as an opportunity to learn.
- An analytical approach to problem-solving with the ability to break complex problems and explain them simply to all stakeholders.
- A readiness to receive 360 degree feedback - consider and incorporate for continuous improvement and excellence.
It’s very early days. Pre-seed investment is incoming. You’ll work closely with the co-founder o define feature sets that solve real problems but more importantly, take ownership of the tech strategy and stack, develop a world-class product and build out a first-class engineering team.
This role could be flexible now (minimum 14-20 hours per week), but in the coming months will turn full time.
Please only apply if you have regular time available and can put in the hours. You’ll be coming in at the very start of our journey so passion, commitment and reliability are absolutely essential.
Location: Remote-based role but regular in-person team meetings are in London.
Remuneration: Initially equity only - Salary post-investment.