Join Bright Network as our Senior Product Manager
About Bright Network:
At Bright Network, we use technology & data to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. Our leading platform provides our 800,000+ members with the tools, advice and insights they need to access brilliant opportunities at global companies. We ensure the next generation finds the future they deserve, and that the 300+ businesses we partner with (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) identify the most powerful pipeline of tomorrow’s talent.
Now, with significant investment in our technology, we're ready to become SaaS leaders in the early talent space, leveraging powerful AI machine learning and our proprietary data tools. This is where you come in – as we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to take a leading role in making this happen and shaping the future of early careers.
More about the role:
As our Senior Product Manager you’ll play a crucial role in delivering exceptional products that our customers love – regularly engaging with customers to understand their needs & using data to validate and iterate on product ideas and releases. Your ability to navigate complex challenges while delivering impactful, user-centric solutions will be key.
We pride ourselves on our customer obsession - this means being comfortable with experimentation, embracing a growth mindset, and iterating until we achieve the desired outcomes. You’ll be working alongide UX/UI Designers, a team of around 10 Engineers & reporting into our Product Director.
Specifically you will:
- Lead the end-to-end product development process, driving innovation and delivering exceptional products that exceed customer expectations
- Conduct comprehensive market research and competitive analysis to identify emerging trends, customer needs, and untapped opportunities
- Use data-driven insights to inform product strategy, making informed decisions to prioritise features that drive user satisfaction and business success
- Validate and measure the success of product releases through rigorous testing methodologies to continuously improve the product
- Conduct user research activities, including surveys, interviews, and usability tests, to deeply understand customer needs, pain points, and preferences - incorporating insights into product decisions
- Develop effective product requirements, user stories & specifications - guiding the development team throughout the product lifecycle
- Effectively communicate product strategies, updates, and insights to our Exec team & relevant stakeholders
- Leverage advanced analytics and design tools to analyse product performance, user behaviour, and key metrics
- Stay at the forefront of industry trends and advancements in AI/Machine Learning, applying this knowledge to deliver cutting-edge solutions
Does this sound like you?
- You’re an experienced Product Manager with proven experience thriving in a fast-paced software company – delivering multiple products with multiple iterations, driven by data insights
- Your Product expertise includes proficiency in:
- Creating roadmaps, managing backlogs, and writing user stories
- Validating releases as early as possible - using methods like AB testing, funnel analysis, measuring customer engagement, & other post-launch metrics
- Validating concepts before implementation – e.g. creating surveys, leading user interviews and usability tests
- Conducting competitor & market research, and creating and utilising personas
- Communicating with and taking feedback from users
- You’re able to embrace experimentation, fail fast, and learn from these failures
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication & presentation skills
- Strong understanding of AI/Machine Learning
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tableau, any design tool (e.g. Figma, Axure, Invision), any ticket management system (e.g. Jira, Trello, Clubhouse, Shortcut)
- You’ll feel passionately about Bright Network’s mission, diversity, inclusion & social mobility within the workplace
What's in it for you?
We're really proud of the great culture we've developed in our Edinburgh-based Tech & Product team - a good balance of hybrid working with an inclusive in-office culture too. Every Thursday we work in the Edinburgh office together, and so you'll be required to work in the office on this day each week. You’re also welcome to use the office as much as you like beyond that. We find this in-person day helpful for gathering around the whiteboard to collaborate.
We work hard to balance our ambitious objectives with our own personal development each sprint. We operate on a "no egos" basis and push for a high-performing team with psychological safety. You'll find very little red tape or unnecessary constraints in our processes. Our drive for evidence and data-driven decisions has helped us create multiple products that we’re proud of!
As well as this, you’ll also receive the following benefits:
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Flexible & hybrid-working options Including a "work from anywhere" policy
- £50 per month to spend on the wellbeing benefits of your choice
- Annual company-wide bonus scheme
- Enhanced pension contribution through Aviva
- Private healthcare plan with Bupa
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Sales introduction & employee referral schemes
- A culture of constant growth & improvement, with monthly lunch & learns & ad-hoc training budget for team or individual training
- Regular team socials including our full team off-site, Christmas Party and more!
- Location: Edinburgh with hybrid-working (one regular team day per week in the George Street office)
- Salary: Highly competitive & dependent on experience
- Start Date: ASAP
- Initial screening call: 20-30 minute Zoom call with our Talent Partner
- 1st round: Competency interview with our Product Director
- 2nd round: Presentation & values interview with the wider team
- Final round: 1:1 with our CEO
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Commitment:
Equal opportunities for all is a core part of what we do at Bright Network. To this end, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and endeavour to run a fair and equal hiring process at all times. We assess and recruit candidates based on competency and potential, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or disability status.