Are you newly qualified or about to qualify as an accountant with an ambition to make your first move into the industry or currently working in the industry and want to accelerate your experience with a broad finance role? Then this FP&A Analyst position could be a great role for you!
At Uncapped, we help ambitious founders realise their dreams. We are seeking a highly motivated FP&A Analyst to join the Finance Team. You will play a critical role in the team and will own end-to-end accounting as well as cash operations. As the FP&A Analyst, you will build monitoring and oversight capabilities for all key financial processes and support in growing a world-class finance function at a high-growth international startup.
Founded in 2019 and headquartered in London, Uncapped is the fastest, most affordable way for growing online businesses to fund marketing and inventory. We provide lending volumes of between £50k and £10m without credit checks, personal guarantees, warrants, equity, or compounding interest -- and make money by charging a low flat fee that is paid back from future sales revenue. Uncapped has raised $120 million from investors including Lakestar, Mouro Capital, Global Founders Capital, White Star Capital, Seedcamp, and All Iron Ventures.
What you will do ✍️
- Support the Finance Director with the multi-year financial model and budgeting process;
- Lead on liquidity planning, including partnering with the commercial function to establish demand planning, and managing reporting and funding operations with our debt provider;
- Business partner with the Heads of Departments on performance ensuring clarity of reporting across the business, including provisioning, marketing performance, margin, customer lifetime value and other relevant KPIs;
- From a Finance perspective lead our understanding and management of data;
- Support the Finance Manager with understanding of actuals, and variance analysis to budget;
- Ad hoc projects, either within finance or across the business, such as expanding our revenue models to consider a wider variety of products;
- Resolve issues, create and drive forward controls and process improvements, utilising data or automation wherever possible.
Who you are
- Newly/approaching qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) looking to accelerate your career;
- Experience working in a top 10 accountancy firm (Audit, consulting, deal advisory or transactional services) or in a high-growth company (Fintech would be a plus!);
- Comfortable with complex accounting, ideally with previous exposure to financial instruments;
- Excel / GSheets power user, comfortable with large data sets and complex formulas;
- A highly motivated, problem solver, with excellent attention to detail who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment;
- Both a team player and happy to work independently;
- Experience with SQL or a passion for learning new skills and developing yourself.
What we offer
We’re a fast-growing startup with huge goals. So everyone does their best work, and we provide the benefits our team really wants. We’re continually adding to this list as new people join -- here are some of the things you can expect:
- A competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working: Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
- Unlimited time off to relax and see the world
- A personal growth fund that helps you to become your best
- Weekly recognition and awards that celebrate all the wins, both big and small
- A workspace just for you, with £350/€400/$450 to optimise your home office
We are only able to consider applications from those who are eligible to work in Europe without requiring sponsorship.