Hypervolt builds market-leading, smart, electric vehicle charging technology. We focus on combining beautiful design, exceptional customer experience and high-performance software & hardware engineering to provide a product that our customers love. We are a UK company and manufacture everything here too. We are the industry's highest-rated brand on Trustpilot, with a 4.9 star rating.
Our mission is to be the backbone of the electricity grid, developing technologies that will empower the transition to a world of green energy and electric transportation, and leave behind a sustainable energy infrastructure for future generations.
Our vision is to become the world’s leading energy infrastructure company through a combination of pioneering technology, exceptional product design and exceptional customer service, creating a complete paradigm shift in transportation & energy consumption globally.
You can learn more about Hypervolt here:
The Role - Head of Marketing
To date, Hypervolt has sold and installed 50,000 chargers in homes across the UK and Australia. Our growth has been driven by a great product, strong content, and word-of-mouth referrals. We'd now like to build on that momentum to take things to the next level.
We’re looking for a high-performing Head of Marketing to design and deliver our go-to-market strategy. This is a great opportunity to take ownership of the marketing function and build the marketing department from ground zero.
You’ll report directly to the founder/CEO, and will have responsibility for building a team (over time) to deliver on the strategy. You’ll be supported by a fractional CMO, a seasoned marketing veteran who will provide strategic guidance and mentorship.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning. Formulate and deliver a winning go-to-market strategy. Run experiments and then learn from these to continually iterate on strategy.
- Brand and Proposition. Develop positioning and messaging that resonates with customers and differentiates our products in the market.
- Sales Growth. Drive awareness and demand along with the tools and processes to turn these into sales. Run successful experiments to prove new channels and then scale to systematic, sustainable, growth year on year.
- Partnerships. Manage our existing relationships (such as with Autotrader) and develop new partnerships.
- Content & SEO. We’ve seen strong impact from video content (such as this). You’ll continue generating high quality content to drive sales.
- Leadership & Team. As you grow sales, build a world-leading marketing team to continue delivering through increasing levels of growth. Serve as a company spokesperson and go-to thought leader.
Experience & Profile
You’re a marketing leader with proven experience defining and delivering comprehensive strategies in a B2C context. You can be a strategic leader but are also comfortable rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
Your experience and profile will include the following:
- Academic Background. Bachelor's degree from a top university.
- Relevant Experience. 6+ years of diverse marketing experience. You’ll have created and executed B2C marketing plans encompassing strategy, customer research, competitor analysis, product collateral, content, messaging, pricing, etc.
- Drive to Succeed. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing business at an exciting time and will need to roll your sleeves up and drive growth.
- Go-to-Market. A deep understanding of go-to-market design and delivery including performance marketing, partnerships, and conversion optimisation
- High-end Brand Experience. You’ve learnt how to deliver impeccable brand communication and the highest level of experience to customers.
- High EQ. You can lead, inspire, and mentor peers, direct and indirect reports, as well as dealing with senior stakeholders. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The following would also be positives:
- Cross-functional Experience. Strength in collaborating with cross-functional teams, including executive management, product management, operations, finance.
- Industry Experience. In auto or consumer electronics.
- Content Production. You can generate high-impact video content yourself.
- Greentech. A proven passion for sustainability.
- Hybrid, with 3 days a week in our London office (currently Canary Wharf, but moving more central soon).
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Great Industry - UK market is going to grow 30x within the next 5 years, and we'll shortly be going global.
- Great Team - Join a dynamic and close-knit team at WeWork in Canary Wharf, East London.
- Time to Join - You'll be joining a fast-growing company at an early stage with ambitions to be a major global contender.
- Feels Good - You're selling a product that people love, need and want, that benefits a cleaner & greener world.
What we aim to do is not always going to be easy, and problem solving no matter how big or small is absolutely essential if we are going to achieve our mission.
Whether it be a technical challenge you are struggling to unblock, a new client you are trying to win or a logistical puzzle you need to solve, the only way we will grow as a company and as individuals is by being persistent in working things through to a solution. Success seldom comes from the first attempt, but it almost always comes from the 1000th, and the difference between success and failure often isn’t intelligence, or the aha moment or the brilliant idea: it’s having the perseverance to continue pushing and never giving in to failure.
We operate in a fast paced, highly collaborative and increasingly autonomous environment at Hypervolt. We are on the journey from scrappy startup to a true market contender, but no matter how big the company gets, treat it as your own. Be accountable for its progress, and look after it as you would your own creation. If you know things can be improved, articulate it, say it, and don’t go along in the silence of knowing we could have done better. If we made a mistake, find a way to say it. There’s no value in keeping it to yourself, we will succeed or we will fail together.
Embody the ‘Ello Sir Ethos
We should always aim to treat people the way they want to be treated, and always remember the “voting” power of customers. They are the true boss, and the one true “employer”. Not the founders, not the investors, not the shareholders, not anyone else. The market. We have worked incredibly hard to deliver a 5 star experience to our customers and we should never forget that we are only ever as good as our last customer experience. This same ethos must apply internally too. Everyone of us always serves a customer whether it be external or internal and a 5 star experience is what we each should deliver and in return expect.
Dare to dream
Every Technological advancement that we use today was once a crazy dream that was truly believed by a few persistent pioneers. “Most things have to be seen to be believed, but some things have to be believed to be seen!” - Steve Jobs, on building the Apple Mac, the best selling computer of all time.
Stay hungry, stay foolish
The hunger and ambition for continuous success are the orbital solar beam powered reactor at the core of our success, and our ability to stay foolish, humble, and continue to let ourselves be educated by our market will help us reach the full potential of our ambition. It is only through the most selfless dedication to our dreams that we will achieve the most selfish of successes.
True greatness is blind
Great ideas, and great execution can come from anyone and anywhere at any time. The sole measure of a person is their contribution, their success, and their power to adhere to our mission and values. You may never treat others on the basis of hierarchy, or any other criteria, and you must always treat them as you would yourself. United in our culture and values, we must celebrate our differences.
For most people, design is the product
Great products are built starting from the customer experience, and we must never forget our job is to make simple products people love. Simplicity truly is the ultimate sophistication, and no matter how many algorithms we write or how many features we build, we can never allow ourselves to forget the end customers we are building products for.