Hypervolt builds market-leading, smart, electric vehicle charging technology. We focus on combining beautiful design, exceptional customer experience and high-performance software & hardware engineering to provide a product that our customers love. We are a UK company and manufacture everything here too. We are the industry's highest-rated brand on Trustpilot, with a 4.9 star rating.
Our mission is to be the backbone of the electricity grid, developing technologies that will empower the transition to a world of green energy and electric transportation, and leave behind a sustainable energy infrastructure for future generations.
Our vision is to become the world’s leading energy infrastructure company through a combination of pioneering technology, exceptional product design and exceptional customer service, creating a complete paradigm shift in transportation & energy consumption globally.
You can learn more about Hypervolt here:
The Role - Head of Finance
To date, Hypervolt has sold and installed 50,000 chargers in homes across the UK and Australia. We own our manufacturing, with a complex supply chain, and we’re scaling rapidly.
We’re looking for a high-performing Head of Finance who can ensure rigorous attention to detail in a complex business, with the potential to build the systems and processes to grow the business (and Finance function) over time.
You’ll report into the founder/CEO, and - over time - will have responsibility for building a Finance team to deliver on the strategy. You’ll be supported by a fractional CFO, a seasoned finance veteran who will provide strategic guidance and mentorship.
- Finance Operations. Ensure the finance function is run professionally every day - including compliance (financial and tax), control, FP&A, operational finance, and treasury.
- FP&A. Own the budgeting and forecasting process, and support the leadership team with strategic decision making.
- Supply Chain. Refine systems, processes and checks for the supply chain to manage exchange rates, inventory, stock levels, margins. If appropriate, support with outsourcing.
- Reporting. Run month-end, quarter-end and year-end close and reporting process, with deep knowledge of all financial movements. Present these to management and board.
- Compliance. Ensure all stat, regulatory, tax, and grant filings are done per requisite timelines. Coordinate all future audits and due diligence initiatives. Work with our accounting partner to deliver these.
- Systems. Design future financial system architecture and implement end design.
- Team Leadership. Take the lead on hiring, training and growing the finance function. Take over leadership of an existing junior management accountant.
Experience & Profile
You’re a seasoned finance leader, who is ready to take on the challenge of a hyper-growth business and its associated demands. You’ll know the numbers in great detail and can communicate these to the wider business along with relevant insights and strategic analysis.
Your experience and profile will include the following:
- Highly Numerical. A STEM degree from a top university along with relevant experience in a highly numerate field.
- Attention to Detail. You’ll always notice if the numbers don’t balance or reconcile.
- Decision Support. You can use your financial analysis skills to support decision making and planning for the business.
- Supply Chain. Experience of manufacturing/inventory and supply chain management.
- Drive to Succeed. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing business at an exciting time and will need to roll your sleeves up and drive growth.
- High EQ. You can lead, inspire, and mentor direct and indirect reports, as well as dealing with senior stakeholders. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The following would also be positives:
- Further Qualification. MBA and/or accounting qualifications are a positive.
- Supply Chain Outsourcing. Direct experience in moving from internal to outsourced supply chains.
- Aptitude for Building. Demonstrable experience building processes and systems from scratch.
- Greentech.A proven passion for sustainability.
- Hybrid, with 3 days a week in our office (currently in Canary Wharf).
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Great Industry - The UK market is going to grow 30x within the next 5 years, and we'll shortly be going global.
- Great Team - Join a dynamic and close-knit team at WeWork in Canary Wharf, East London.
- Time to Join - You'll be joining a fast-growing company at an early stage with ambitions to be a major global contender.
- Feels Good - You're selling a product that people love, need and want, that benefits a cleaner & greener world.
What we aim to do is not always going to be easy, and problem solving no matter how big or small is absolutely essential if we are going to achieve our mission.
Whether it be a technical challenge you are struggling to unblock, a new client you are trying to win or a logistical puzzle you need to solve, the only way we will grow as a company and as individuals is by being persistent in working things through to a solution. Success seldom comes from the first attempt, but it almost always comes from the 1000th, and the difference between success and failure often isn’t intelligence, or the aha moment or the brilliant idea: it’s having the perseverance to continue pushing and never giving in to failure.
We operate in a fast paced, highly collaborative and increasingly autonomous environment at Hypervolt. We are on the journey from scrappy startup to a true market contender, but no matter how big the company gets, treat it as your own. Be accountable for its progress, and look after it as you would your own creation. If you know things can be improved, articulate it, say it, and don’t go along in the silence of knowing we could have done better. If we made a mistake, find a way to say it. There’s no value in keeping it to yourself, we will succeed or we will fail together.
Embody the ‘Ello Sir Ethos
We should always aim to treat people the way they want to be treated, and always remember the “voting” power of customers. They are the true boss, and the one true “employer”. Not the founders, not the investors, not the shareholders, not anyone else. The market. We have worked incredibly hard to deliver a 5 star experience to our customers and we should never forget that we are only ever as good as our last customer experience. This same ethos must apply internally too. Everyone of us always serves a customer whether it be external or internal and a 5 star experience is what we each should deliver and in return expect.
Dare to dream
Every Technological advancement that we use today was once a crazy dream that was truly believed by a few persistent pioneers. “Most things have to be seen to be believed, but some things have to be believed to be seen!” - Steve Jobs, on building the Apple Mac, the best selling computer of all time.
Stay hungry, stay foolish
The hunger and ambition for continuous success are the orbital solar beam powered reactor at the core of our success, and our ability to stay foolish, humble, and continue to let ourselves be educated by our market will help us reach the full potential of our ambition. It is only through the most selfless dedication to our dreams that we will achieve the most selfish of successes.
True greatness is blind
Great ideas, and great execution can come from anyone and anywhere at any time. The sole measure of a person is their contribution, their success, and their power to adhere to our mission and values. You may never treat others on the basis of hierarchy, or any other criteria, and you must always treat them as you would yourself. United in our culture and values, we must celebrate our differences.
For most people, design is the product
Great products are built starting from the customer experience, and we must never forget our job is to make simple products people love. Simplicity truly is the ultimate sophistication, and no matter how many algorithms we write or how many features we build, we can never allow ourselves to forget the end customers we are building products for.