This role sparks demand for Little Journey’s healthcare and life sciences solutions. We challenge the status quo on how children perceive healthcare interactions, and you will craft narratives, lead strategic campaigns, and become the driving force behind our products' success. In this impactful position, you will be the catalyst for our international growth.
This position is based in Leeds (hybrid).
Responsibilities include market research; defining product positioning; messaging and pricing; creating and actioning international go-to-market strategies; advising on product development; crafting marketing and sales collateral; product specific digital campaigns to enable business development, all whilst tailoring this to our specific audiences in Life Sciences, Healthcare and directly to children and families.
- Immediately: You will get to know the team, product and our current markets. Initially, you will focus on product positioning and sales collateral.
- 6 months: Based on research, Multiple go-to-market strategies are taking shape for some key new features, products and international markets (especially the US).
- 12 months: We have grown our market share, increased our competitive edge (our product is well recognised and positive word of mouth regularly occurs) and our revenue growth reflects Little Journey’s popularity in the industry
- Having been responsible for a software Product Marketing strategy previously, owning all or a large part of the go-to-market and growth responsibilities.
- Ability to convey healthcare product features in an engaging, fun, clear and compelling way, that invites excitement from our target groups
- You are creative and can generate new ideas (you don’t rely on an agency to do ideation of campaigns)
Desirable, but we can support:
- Prior experience developing products for children & families
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector
Behaviours and values needed
- Passionate – you love what Little Journey offers, and you always put our user and customer first
- Curious and data driven – you never stop questioning and make data informed marketing decisions
- Fun and creative – you have an engaging way to excite (potential) customers and wider stakeholders, you can make them fall in love with us
- Integrity – Good moral judgement, you always follow through on your word, your team will trust you and vice versa
- 28 days annual leave pro-rata (plus public holidays)
- £500 annual training budget
- £200 home working budget
- Flexible working with core hours
- 6% pension match
- Friendly and collaborative team who value and respect each other
About Little Journey
Little Journey was founded in 2018 by Dr Chris Evans and Sophie Copley. As an anaesthetic doctor and father himself, Chris witnessed first-hand the distress experienced by children and families coming to hospital for surgery. Partnering with Sophie, an expert in human-centred product design, they created a prototype version of the Little Journey app to support children undergoing elective surgery.
Since then, the business has accelerated quickly, having been adopted in more than 100 healthcare organisations worldwide. We also partner with leading organisations such as LEGO and top tier pharmaceutical companies. They provide us global access to paediatric services and clinical research, helping us reach more children. We received investment from internationally leading VC funds and are using this to scale further into other markets. Our technology is already available in 16 languages and counting!
Our teams are grouped into Product, Technology, Delivery, Operations, Commercial and Science departments, and we are hiring talent across all these functions to help us achieve our mission.
Diversity & Inclusion
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply and strive to eliminate unconscious bias in our recruitment process. We do not discriminate on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or parental status or disability. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. If you need adjustments made to our application process, to help accommodate any disabilities, please do let us know on email@example.com