About Spruce: In the coming decade, millions of gas boilers will need to be replaced with heat pumps by qualified heating engineers. However, there are not enough of these engineers to meet the projected demand for heat pumps and those who are installing heat pumps today can spend 40 hours per installation dealing with enquiries, surveying homes, designing the system, filling out paperwork, scheduling subcontractors, procuring equipment (and more).
Spruce gives heat pump installers’ the tools to boost their productivity so that they can spend more of their valuable time installing heat pumps, increasing their margins and accelerating the UK’s journey to net zero.
The Role: As Spruce's first Product Designer, you'll have the unique opportunity to set the visual and interaction foundation of our product. We're seeking a creative thinker with 3-5 years of experience who is adept at developing comprehensive design systems and crafting intuitive user experiences. You will be a cornerstone of our product development team, turning complex processes into clear, customer-friendly experiences for both homeowners and installers.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate closely with the co-founders and developers to identify user needs and business goals, translating them into innovative design solutions.
- Deeply understand our customers’ pain points and continuously develop our understanding of the people we serve.
- Establish and evolve Spruce’s design system, ensuring consistency across all product touchpoints while accommodating scalability.
- Create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Use and create design patterns and standards, and ensure they're followed throughout the product development process.
- Test and iterate on designs based on user feedback, analytics, and technical constraints.
- Communicate design rationale and specifications clearly to team members and stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in design systems and product design.
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in product design, with a strong portfolio showcasing your expertise in design systems and UI/UX design.
- Great taste and a high bar for quality in visual design.
- A track record of developing and implementing successful design systems.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma or equivalent.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- A problem-solving mindset with meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
Why Join Spruce?
- Be at the forefront of a greener future in home heating and energy.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment where your contributions make a direct impact.
- A remote-friendly workplace.
- Benefit from competitive compensation and equity options.
How to Apply: Please send your CV, why you want this role (no more than 250 words), and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your portfolio, we would love to see case studies that demonstrate your design thinking, process from conception to implementation and the impact that you had.
Spruce is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.