Magnet is a media agency based in London, UK, working with e-commerce stores, and services based businesses to help them connect with the right customers online. We create ads that are designed to convert, that's our jam. We are looking for a Creative Strategist and Copywriter to join our fast-growing team.
This role is equally 50% creative strategy, 30% copywriting, 20% campaign strategy. The ideal founder will be able to intuitively grasp our campaign goals, and deliver beginning-to-end creative strategy and ad creative production for our lead generation clients and campaigns.
You will work together with our team to develop and polish our ad creation process, and we need you to be a confident leader who guides the production team from beginning to end.
Successful candidate will also be offered equity options of 5-10%.
- Delivering ads that convert is our main mission, so you’ll be executing creative strategy and overseeing production to help achieve acquisition targets for us and our clients.
- You will absorb our clients’ goals, bring your own strategic expertise to the table, and help manage our production team to bring your vision to life.
- You will spend a lot of time on competitor research, diving deep into Facebook/YouTube Ad Libraries, Tiktok trends, and heaps of other resources provided to you.
- You must understand how to identify targeting personas, and create direct response copy that speaks to their pain points and you will craft hooks and CTAs accordingly.
- Collaborate with the creative strategy team and production team to develop and execute UGC strategies that align with client goals and brand identity.
- You will be in charge of outlining ads and working closely with the media buying and video editing team to make sure ads follow performance marketing best practices.
- Recruit and hire a creative strategist to take over your role as the agency expands.
What we are looking for
This is ideally suited for someone who has a few years of experience creating and executing a strategy.
- First and foremost, you will be obsessed with all things social. You’ll be constantly reviewing the latest trends in social media to ensure JBI Advertising ads are ahead of the curve. We like to be distinctive and want to ensure we stay that way.
- You’ll have a proven track record of being a creative social media specialist, delivering successful creative content geared towards customer acquisition KPIs (CTR and CPA)
- Some relevant hands-on experience designing video ads for direct response campaigns would be great.
- We are the best in the game, so it's important you have an appetite for driving results and solving problems. You’ll be driven to be creative, and confident in writing briefs.
- You’ll have experience in social media analysis including A/B testing, and you’ll have experience implementing a test-and-learn approach to creative design.
- You’ll have exceptional copywriting, communication, and attention to detail skill sets that demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively.
- Understanding of conversions copywriting, proofing, and storytelling
- SUPER communicator. Overcommunication is a core value of ours!
- Able to take constructive feedback & delegate effectively
- Highly detail-oriented & naturally triple-checks everything
- Enthusiastic, kind, sociable, articulate & confident
- Has high emotional intelligence and is able to listen to, support & encourage others
- $$ Equity options
- 💻Remote work and flexible schedule
- ✈️ Generous PTO and Holidays
- 💪 A ridiculously awesome team and work environment
- 📚 Tons of training opportunities, including paid courses and conferences
- 🏝️ Annual team retreats around the world
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, how you go about designing, developing and executing creative strategy for short form ads, and examples of where you strategies have achieve successful results for client in the past.
Applications without cover letters WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.