We’re looking for an energetic Community Manager to expand and engage Houst’s Franchise community (i.e. Airbnb co-hosts operating under the Houst brand).
You’ll be taking over the community management of a newly formed network of UK and international Houst co-hosts, whom you’ll help thrive.
As such, we’re looking for someone creative and passionate about building brand communities, as well as creating nurturing and educational programs that support the franchise’s operational and commercial performance.
Our ideal candidate will have some prior experience in community management or in property related customer-facing roles (e.g. sales, customer success, account management), and a keen interest in the booming world of Airbnb-ing.
Operating within the Growth Team and reporting to the Head of Growth, you will drive localised brand awareness for the franchise, aid the acquisition of new Houst co-hosts, foster support for our existing community and disseminate best practices among them — increasing engagement and accelerating the success of Houst’s Franchise.
So if you’re passionate about any of these and have a proactive, can-do attitude, you’ll thrive in this role!
- Understanding franchisee persona segments, experimenting with new go-to-market channels and developing community engagement strategies for those target audiences through online and offline activities
- Work closely with franchisees’ Account Manager to understand their requirements and feedback to the Growth Team on how to implement better lead generation initiatives
- Organising and hosting regional events in key growth markets to generate franchisees interest and showcase the market opportunity (e.g. physical workshops, webinars, trade shows)
- Social listening and online evangelism, actively promoting the brand while ensuring a consistent tone of voice across all platforms and media.
- Taking ownership of franchisees local marketing programs and their referral scheme
- Measuring and reporting on success of community growth and engagement against set targets/KPIs.
- Passion for, and experience with, community management (1+ years of work experience is ideal, but not required).
- Enjoy interacting with people and being in the field, be this nationally or internationally.
- Excellent written and spoken communication (confident public speaking will be necessary for hosting events and representing the Houst brand)
- Curiosity and critical thinking to challenge the status quo, constantly ideating and proposing new experiments
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of team in a fast-paced environment, coordinating multiple projects , tight deadlines and adapting priorities
- Enviable company culture – we’ve put time into getting our work culture just right.
- Regular team social events
- Company-wide recognition of outstanding work
- Opportunities to innovate
- Lots of snacks and treats provided by the company (in the office)
- Dedicated to employee wellbeing
- Wellbeing hub with virtual fitness, nutrition, yoga, meditation and talking therapy classes
- Betterhelp coverage for mental health support
- Dedicated employee wellbeing meetings
- 25 days paid holiday days, plus public holidays
- Hybrid work environment (3 days in the office, 2 WFH)
- An extra day off for your birthday - because who wants to work on their birthday?
- Employee discounts – at heaps of restaurants, shops, gym memberships, cinema tickets and more
- Pawternity - We encourage proud parents of new pets to work from home to help their new member settle in
- Pension - We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees
- MacBook - for business use