Bikmo is a market-leading cycle insurer with a simple mission to protect the world’s riders, and the places we ride. We love it because we live to ride. Growing fast, we now protect over 75,000 riders across the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria, and we count the likes of British Cycling, Deliveroo, Brompton and Cyclescheme as partners.
We are proud to be a BCorp and 1% For The Planet Member, with clear social and environmental goals that align with our company mission.
About the Role
We believe in providing exceptional customer experiences, and we understand that when it comes to insuring your cycling adventures, you need more than just a policy; you need someone who truly gets your passion.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our passionate CX team and continue to deliver a world-class experience to customers, keeping Bikmo as the leading insurer for bike lovers. You’ll be the friendly and knowledgeable voice that guides customers through their insurance journey, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable experience.
Sector experience is not required - we're looking for team members who will challenge previously held views of how insurance companies operate, in favour of utilising technology and design to provide an exceptional experience to our customers.
- Full time, 38.5hr/pw, Mon-Fri but happy to discuss job share and part-time options.
- Above 30 000 € per annum depending on experience.
- This role is Austria-based. We are a hybrid working company so you will have the flexibility to split your working week between our Innsbruck office and home.
How you will contribute
Your sense of purpose and satisfaction will come from:
- Providing honest, clear, and professional advice to customers and potential customers, giving more certainty in uncertain times.
- Supporting real people when they need it the most.
- Playing a role in building resilience in a sector that has a crucial role in addressing the biggest global challenges we face, from climate to health.
- Providing protection to allow individuals to focus on their passion.
- Being a part of a business with the ethos, values, and drive to make a difference.
- Be the go-to expert at the crossroads of cycling and insurance, offering expert guidance and support across a range of communication platforms; phone, live chat, email.
- Handle customer and potential customer inquiries and issues with a genuine passion for helping, going above and beyond to provide solutions.
- Offer in-depth knowledge of our cycling insurance products and help customers find the perfect fit.
- Guide customers through the claims process, ensuring a seamless and efficient experience.
What we offer;
First of all, we offer a work environment based on trust, responsibility and flexibility. Wellbeing is important to us which is why our package offers benefits as well as competitive remuneration including;
Bikes + Health
- The best discount on a Bikmo insurance policy to protect you and your bikes
- You can benefit from our trade account discounts to get kitted out with the best bikes and kit
- Weekly virtual yoga and strength HIIT sessions
- Bike leasing / Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Mental Health, Neurodiversity & Wellbeing support
- Ride days for when you need to get away from your desk and enjoy the trails.
- Volunteering days to support other organisations doing great things.
- Our benefits also cover a wide range of great time off policies to provide you that peace of mind that we will support you should you need it.
What we are looking for;
We are open to considering people from all backgrounds who meet the criteria below however we would be especially interested in people with a background in claims and customer service.
- Good level of written and spoken German and English.
- Experience in Customer Service.
- Exceptionally polite + friendly manner - you’ll be speaking to people all day from a variety of backgrounds so you need to be articulate, clear and patient.
- Great level of literacy - you’ll be using various channels of communication, so you need to be efficient and clear in your written language.
- Highly IT literate is essential - you’ll be working with a range of internal and external software packages.
It would be a bonus if you have the following experience;
- If you are a cycling enthusiast with in-depth knowledge of the sport and its unique insurance needs.
- Efficiency - you will have to deal with a high level of activity throughout your day, so need to be able to manage tasks efficiently and promptly, and be solution-focused.
- Know your way around the mechanics of a bicycle.
Personal attributes we are looking for:
- A willingness to learn.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Well organised & efficient.
- Creativity - this comes in many forms.
- Ability to think laterally and solve problems.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and work accurately.
You don't feel like you're matching 100% of the criteria? We encourage you to apply anyway! It is most important to have the right mindset! We also actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups within the cycling and insurance industry.
Bikmo is an equal opportunities employer, this means we recruit, develop and compensate regardless of differences. We value diversity. Everybody is unique and this should be celebrated. We want Bikmo to be a place where people feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
To continue the conversation just click the, Find out more, button and attach a short cover letter + your CV. We love to hear how your own values and experiences align with the role.
If you require any support to help you through our recruitment process please get in touch.
By applying for this role you are giving Bikmo consent to use the information you provide to process your job application in accordance with DSVGO regulations.